Pressure

Maximus

Maximus

I sat in Lorenzo's office drinking coffee, the beverage doing nothing to wake up my body or brain.

Apparently, asking Anthony to help choose a house was not the right idea and Stella voiced her opinion on it. But at the end of it, Anthony scolded her like a brother and she ended up finally choosing a dam house.

Then she freaked out about moving, how long it will take and having enough stuff for the kids. Moving happened quickly and we are now settling into the house. I love my woman with all my heart, but I cannot wait for her to have the babies and I can get my woman back.

She is now seven months pregnant, two more till she is Stella again.

"You alright?" Romano asked me.

I flipped him off taking another sip of coffee. "I hate pregnancy hormones, they never really affected her. Then one day she became a whole different, scary person."

"She's creating a child and will have to give birth, you can't complain about her having hormones." Lorenzo chuckled over by the office window he was standing by. "At least you finally moved into a house."

I shook my head. "I won't be able to enjoy that win till after we have settled in, had the kids and she is Stella again." My body froze and I gave them both death glares. "Either of you tell Stella I said that, and I'll have your balls."

Esperenza slipped into the office after softly knocking. "Hey, uh since when did Stella get scary?"

Romano snorted. "Both of you are being dramatic, Stella is not that scary."

Esperenza closed the door and leaned against it. "You did not see her this morning over a box of donuts."

"Where were the donuts from?" Lorenzo asked.

"Mikes."

Romano snorted along with Lorenzo. "Pregnant or not, anyone would fight over Mikes."

"Well besides that, I got something good." Esperenza said, looking around for a place to sit, she looks like she might take a nap on the floor.

Romano stood up from his chair, offering it to our cousin. "Finally, some good news."

Esperenza took the chair, her face filled with exhaustion telling me she has been working her spy network all night. "Not sure if I would call it 'good', but it is something. Might even be a dead end so don't get your hopes up."

"The only thing to hope for is a good dinner." Lorenzo said, taking his spot behind his desk. "What do you have?"

She reached into her pocket and took out a piece of paper, ten numbers written on it.

I sat up, my body fidgeting hoping I know the answer to my question. "Whose phone number does that belong to?"

"According to my source, it's Carnellio's." She answered looking to me, the number being passed to Lorenzo. "Came from the Kings. Carnellio went there trying to talk his boss into rallying against us, they laughed at him and said if he comes spewing that shit they will gift wrap him to us."