In or Out

Stella

Stella

I'm calm.

I'm cool.

I'm collected.

I'm a smart woman, who runs a business on her own and I'm down to earth. Meeting his family will go great and I will win their approvals.

I got this.

Looking into the mirror I adjusted the dress I was wearing that covered my small baby bump. The green and gold dress was fancy but with my black heeled boots and sweater cover it wasn't too much.

I got this.

Right?

Wincing my pep talk died on my tongue and my confidence plummeted.

No.

Nope.

This is going to be a complete disaster. What the hell do you say, do or bring to a mafia family dinner while being pregnant? Oh god, what if they view me like my mother.

Fuck... they are rich do they know my mother?

Why did I agree to this? Or right, I was freaking out, Maximus stopped by, asked me to go and I said yes.

Why did I say yes?

A pair of arms wrapped around my midsection pulling me into a chest, a chest I know anywhere. My body relaxed against Max while his soft clean smell eloped my senses.

"Relax Stella." Max's lips softly kissed my temple. "Be yourself and they will love you, don't worry."

"I'm not." I closed my eyes with a wince. Slowly I opened them up seeing an amused look on Max's face. "Can we pretend I said that calmly and not sounding like Minnie mouse?"

He chuckled behind me, his lips kissing my temple again. "Come on let's go. It'll be a good night with food. Don't stress."

Groaning I untangled myself from him, grabbed my bag and took a deep breath.

Don't be a coward.

Stepping out of my apartment I waited for Maximus to follow before locking up. We headed out of the building and into his car, my body fidgeting nervously when we pulled away from my safe space and headed towards his family.

I didn't pay attention while he drove, instead I practiced introducing myself in my head.

When the car came to a stop I didn't have the chance to look through the window before the door was opened, a hand in front of me. Taking a breath, I took the hand, my feet sliding from the car letting me out. The moment my eyes looked at the estate, I felt them widen taking in the massive house and large gardens.

"Thank you." I said to the man who helped me out of the car.

Maximus came over to where I was, his arm wrapping around my waist. "Relax, I got you."