Lover

Stella

Stella

I stood in front of the mirror in silence, something I have forgotten the sound of. With new-born twins there is rarely anytime to hear your own thoughts, add on being surrounded by mafia men and the odds go down even more.

Is this what peace is like?

My babies are now five months old, my perfect little babies. After coming home from the hospital and knowing that Carnellio is dead, everything in my life went back to normal. It's a bit spooky in the way it felt natural to get back to spending my days with Max, raising the twins, fighting to get my twins back after someone in the family decide to pick them up and not want to put down. Plus, I have been working with the carpenters fixing the store and fancying it up. Life has been... well it's been normal and easy to fit in.

There are nights where it's hard to sleep but that has little to do with Carnellio in my dreams and instead crying babies who want to be fed. There are nights and days where I am so sleep deprived I would sleep standing up, those are the days that tell me I wasn't living a dream. That yes, this is reality, living in my house with Max and some of the Sorrentino boys with my children, going to family dinners, having Anthony and Cody over.

This was real and this is my new life.

And today, this will make it even clearer of the truth of my new life. But it would be a new life where I will have a different name and a closer relationship with Max.

My hands ran down my white, sweetheart lace wedding gown. It fit me perfectly because it was made specifically for me. I felt tears threatening to fall thinking about how Anthony had brought me a box after I told him Max and I will be getting married soon. In the box had been the dress and a note from my Nanna. She had given Anthony the box in case she wasn't able to give it me personally. The note saying, she made this last year and wanted to make sure she was a part of my wedding even if she couldn't make it. Max had found me crying over the box and I had to throw a pillow at him saying he wasn't allowed to see it.

Taking a breath, I cleared the tears, today was not a day to cry. My Nanna is here with me and that is something to smile about, not cry. Looking back at the mirror I wasn't sure what to do. The dress was on. My makeup done. Hair is up.

Now I wait? A smile formed on my lips as my heart warmed up, wait to marry Maximus.

A few knocks sounded at the door behind me making me call out. "Come in!"

The door slowly opened showing Lorenzo walking into the room in a three-piece suit. He stopped at the door as he looked at me, a soft smile appearing on his face. "Sei bellissima. My brother is one lucky man."

Turning around, I smile at the man I once feared would never approve of me. "Thank you, Lorenzo, but I think I am the lucky one."

He waved his hand closing the door behind him and walked over to me. "Nonsense, takes a special woman to deal with him on a day to day basis. Where is everyone?"