Russian Temper

Maximus

Maximus

Walking down the pier my eyes scanned the place constantly. There was something in my gut telling me something was amiss. The last time I was here there was a shoot-out and the last shipment that was supposed to be delivered was stolen. We got it back, but it was still taken from us.

"You didn't have to come." Romano said beside me as we walked past the multiple different shipping containers, Tate and Vinzo behind us. "You are still healing."

Grunting we take a turn down a different row of crates. "It's nothing I can't handle, fuck off little brother."

From his reminder of my wound I became aware of the burning in my side, the skin was still raw and fucking Stella has been pulling at the stiches. But that pain is worth my time with her.

Turning the corner, I spotted our shipping container we were headed towards, the box full of antique art from the Roman period.

My hand slipped into my packet to take out the key, just as I was about to take it out shots rang in the air stopping my movement and setting me into action.

"CAZZO!" I dived behind a container to hide from more gunfire, my hand reaching into my jacket taking out my gun. "Call out!"

"Buono." Vinzo growled shooting his gun towards the bastard.

"Buono. See the bastard, three o'clock." Tate answered from the crate over from me.

"Cazzo." Romano muttered beside me. "Buono, but don't tell Anastasia."

Looking over to him I growled seeing the blood coming from his shoulder, his hand already holding pressure and the other holding his gun.

"Tate." I called over making him turn to me. "Distract."

He nodded and counted down from three on his fingers, on the last he sprinted towards us, my body going out seeing the shooter's attention on Tate. With the perfect angle I pulled the trigger dropping the bastard.

Motioning with my head Vinzo took my order and checked the area then stopped at our dead shooter. "Looks like he was alone."

Looking around I nod at his assessment, anger coursing in my veins. "We will take the body; best guess would be he doesn't have any brands or tattoos telling who is affiliated with. Most likely a recruit to protect this new threat."

"Aye." Romano said walking over to the dead body, Tate already calling our men to pick it up. "Couldn't shot him in the knees?"

Flipping him off I take out my phone. "Didn't want to risk Anastasia's Russian temper."

Hitting Lorenzo's number, I listen to the rings trying to keep my anger at bay looking at my little brother, Tate now beside him placing his hand on Romano's shoulder to put pressure on the wound.