Her.

Maximus

Maximus

'Stamm Fort' blasted as I walked through the club towards the VIP section; Romano, Tate and Vinzo following. Seeing Carnellio and his men sitting in our booths I motioned to keep the section closed off for privacy.

I trusted the men I was with to keep their cool when sitting with someone who could be responsible for the death of one of our own. The two other men who were injured during the ambush are fine and home already. But no one goes against us, and it's hard to keep the call for revenge down.

Our Mafia feels bloodlust but at the same time, Lorenzo prides our family on being one who ensures we take a second to breathe, get information then inflict pain.

Rashness gets you no-where but six feet below.

Slipping into the booth I watch Carnellio jump with a shocked expression, one he quickly tried to hide. "Maximus, Romano, I uh was not expecting you here."

I motioned for drinks as I took in Carnellio, a couple of young kids who has no respect for our ways sitting beside him. Most likely recruited with some stupid mafia movie reference.

Leaning back, I spoke. "This is our club and we have a meeting, who would you be expecting?"

"Well I was expecting to be talking to the Don." Carnellio said while the waitress put down a round drinks. "Seems right for me to talk to the head. No offense of course, you are also important to be talking to."

I raised a brow spinning my drink ignoring his tone. "What makes you important to speak face to face with our Don? You have lost one his shipments of valuable art tonight before I came here then there is the night where I was ambushed going to one of our crates. If he were to see you in person, it will be to put a bullet in your knee for betraying us."

Romano let out a dry chuckle catching Carnellio's attention. "And that would be him being nice."

Carnellio fidgeted in his seat, his face struggling to not show the fear that was in his eyes. "My men notified me of the art shipment and I will get it back for you. I will not let him down, I respect and appreciate his business."

Looking him over I fought my distaste. Since Carnellio took over his family's business he has reminded me of a Weasel. An animal that tries to hide in your good graces but has multiple faces for its own ambition. The way he seems to be brushing past this breach in security tells me he isn't focused on finding out what really happened and is only concerned about the money.

"If you let one more of our shipments be taken, or if you do not find what was stolen from us." I leaned forward narrowing my eyes threatening. "You will be getting a meeting from my brother."

"I swear your next shipment coming in tomorrow will be safe and ready for you." Carnellio said nodding vigorously.

I took a slow sip of my drink. "You swear huh?" I kept eye contact with the man in front of me, watching the sweat begin to break out on his forehead. It took a couple of moments until he looked away. "That better mean something to you, as you know, in our world, breaking you word is a death sentence."