Breathe

Maximus

Maximus

Stepping out of the car, my fingers went to loosen my bowtie.

A lead on Carnellio had me working all day to try to find the bastard which meant not being able to pick up Stella. Not that the leads we had were of any help, the bastard is underground along with who-ever he worked with.

I hate that now I have to be at this stupid gala, with people I don't like when all I want to do is go home to Stella and hang out. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy giving to charity, I don't however see the point in spending a night with people I have to play politics with.

I waited for Stella outside, my brothers already walking into the venue. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long when Tate pulled the car up to the curb, my feet taking me over before he had time to park.

Opening the door, my hand went up to help Stella step out. The moment I saw her I took a sharp intake of breath; every time I see her I'm remind of her beauty and tonight is no different.

"Evening Max." She greeted.

"Stella, you look absolutely gorgeous." Helping her down I kiss her cheek softly.

She blushed putting her hand in mine. "Thank you. You look dashing. Your third date is a gala, that's setting the bar high."

Chuckling I tuck her hand in my arm and walk us into the venue of the fundraiser. "What can I say, I aim to please. Plus, I wanted any excuse to see you in that dress."

Her cheeks blushed, her body leaning into mine. "You didn't have to buy it for me, we had only known each other for a few weeks."

Kissing her temple, we walk into the building, a clerk at the coat rack giving us a ticket. Stella took a step back taking off her coat, the dress looking better on her then I could have thought.

The blue compliments her light skin tone and her eyes shine brighter with the colour. The shape of the dress showed her body perfectly, an image that will stay in my head forever and make me remember what she looks like under it.

I let out a small whistle. "Amour, I knew then you would look stunning but you are more beautiful than the north star."

Her cheeks went a flame, her hand lightly hitting my chest. "Stop with your formal words, you are no longer sounding like an under boss but a bad poet. But thank you for the compliment."

Chuckling I put her hand back in my arm leading us into the gala. "My mother made sure her sons know how to compliment a woman, but any fool could see your stunning."

She gave an unconvinced hum. "Or you were a fuckboy for a few years so you got a silver tongue. Ah shoot, I already broke Anthony's rules for being in a formal event."

Smirking, I looked over to her. "First, I was never a fuckboy. Secondly, you had Anthony give you rules?"

"No, he gave them without asking. Told me no swearing, smile through anger, yatta, yatta." She teased. "He grew up in high society and knows how to act."