PROLOGUE

Everyone was staring at the still closed double doors. Wearing their elegant dresses and suits, with a theme of purple and black, they waited patiently as sweet smiles plastered on their lips with anticipation.

The aisle was covered in red carpet, well-designed posts with bunch of roses in the colors of white, red, and pink on the top, were standing on both sides of each row of seats.

The priest was waiting patiently on the altar, a genuine smile was stretched on his lips as it would be his nth time to witness a union of two hearts, and was honored that he had given another chance to lead this special ceremony.

In front of the altar, standing on its left side, was the groom on his expensive black tuxedo. His blonde hair was gelled cleanly, making him more handsome than he already was.

"Are you excited, Sting?" His father asked. Sting gently nodded. Like the typical grooms, he's wearing his sweetest smile as he waited for his bride.

But little did everyone know, it was forced. It was the smile he needed to show, not he wholeheartedly wanted to show in front of so many people.

His parents were watching him, the bride's mother was smiling at him, the guests were expecting him to be the happiest man on earth.

And he had no choice but to obey his parents, to not disappoint the family who had helped them, and reach people's endless expectations.

Gasps of admiration filled the solemn atmosphere as the door of the biggest church in Fiore opened, revealing the most beautiful bride everyone had ever seen.

With her designer's wedding gown spread until few meters on her back and displaying intricate yet elegant designs, and a little crown on her head with glittering small diamonds, she looked like a princess in fairytale book that came into life.

Her blonde hair was cleanly fixed in a crown braid, some strands were framing her small face curled on its end. She's wearing light make up, because even without those, she could easily take everyone's breath at her natural beauty.

She's like a goddess in land, but slave of her own family. She didn't have control in her own life. Like a puppet, she was moving according to how her father wanted her to.

In her eighteen years of living, she had never experienced what we all call freedom.

She hated her life.

She hated all the luxuries she had.

She hated this day.

Everyone witnessing this ceremony might thinking that she's the luckiest woman on earth for having a fairytale-like wedding. But no, it was a nightmare for her.

She started walking, a bouquet of pink and white roses was on her hand, while the right one was weakly clung onto her father's left arm as he walked with her down the aisle.

Nonstop flashes of cameras almost blinded her. Her grip on the flowers was tightening by the second. She couldn't flash even a fake smile. In her eyes, hesitation was lingering around as her glossy lips parted to take in a deep breath.

Behind her, the large doors were slowly closing.

Suddenly, she came into a stop, her hand on her father's arm fell down on her side. People around them stared at her in confusion, the groom's parents looked at her in horror, while her father gave her a threatening glare that was very opposite to her mother's eyes full of worries.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" He asked calmly, but his eyes were screaming anger.

Lucy's lips trembled, her hands clenching. Everyone gasped as they witnessed the bride bow, before turning her back to run away. Her father tried to grab her, but he didn't make it.