Chapter 18: Trouble

The fear was still there, the paranoia that someone might attack me out of nowhere. But I can't let this opportunity pass. I've asked for Natsu's approval, but he declined me. I've also told him that he could accompany me if he's worried, but he also turned it down. Now, I have no choice but to go without him knowing.

I silently closed the door, before running towards his bike to take it with me. I guessed I would be more safe if I was riding to something, since I could use this to run away. Well, I still hope nothing's going to happen.

Biting my lip, I endured the slight pain of my arm as I made my way out of the woods. I wasn't that familiar to Strawberry Street, but I've always seeing its signboard whenever we go to plaza. Loke didn't mention the exact location, though, leaving me no choice but look for him around the said street.

"I'm sorry," I softly whispered in the air as if my words would be blown back to Natsu. Guilt was present in my chest, but the desire to know the truth got the better of me.

Yes, Natsu might have called Lisanna for it, but it would still be better if I learned all the informations myself. It's not because I don't trust Lisanna or anything, but because I want to make sure that my father wasn't involve to any of this.

I took a turn when I reached the signboard, now passing through a slightly narrowed street with two-storey buildings on my left side, while a river on my right. Compare to other part of the town, I think it was the most secluded as I barely see anyone outside.

The old lady sweeping just outside her house gave me chills as her sharp gaze landed on me. Geez. I looked away, continuing forward.

I was full of determination when I left the house. It's one of those things that pushed me to escape from Natsu, and just accept his anger later when he found it out.

But now, that determination drastically went down to zero when I realized something.

My feet stopped from moving, the bicycle slowly came into a halt as coldness spread in my stomach.

J-Just...how did Loke know that we needed informations about Dan? I mean, if he really wanted to tell me something about that jerk, he should have told it to me before all of this happened. But all he did was warned me about him, nothing more...

So why now? Of all the time we had been together... Why talk to me about it at this time?

Maybe Erza or one of our friends informed him? That's possible. Or maybe he just felt telling it to me now? Then he's in wrong timing!

"Shit..." Swallowing hard, I had planned on returning back but when I heard a faint grunt from an alleyway near me, remaining me frozen as I cautiously stared at that direction.

"Urgh! P-Please...stop..." L-Loke?!

My heart raced, the sound it made was defeaning and intensifying the fear marked within me. More thuds followed mixing in with groans of pain, making my hand landed on my trembling lips.

Something's happening behind those walls, and Loke's involved.

W-What should I do?! No one's around, I couldn't ask for help! If I'd go back home, it would take time to send someone to see the situation! But if I stayed here...

Crap. Someone like me with this injury couldn't do anything!

I closed my eyes when Loke's cries became louder, his voice was already weak. With heavy heart, I muttered multiple sorry's as I planned to leave and jusk ask for help to anyone along the way. But then, blood left my face when someone harshly grabbed my arm from my back.

"W-Wha--Ah!" A shriek of pain escaped my lips as a man's nails dugged into my skin when he forcefully pulled me off of my bike. I struggled from his tight grip, head turning to see if there's at least a person around. But the old lady I've seen earlier was no longer there.