INTERLUDE: Behind the Scenes

"Where are you?! It's not manly making a lady wait!"

A strict voice over the line made Sting roll his eyes, wearing his sunglasses as he entered his car. He cautiously looked around as he pulled the vehicle out of their manor.

"Damn it, Levy. You knew I couldn't leave the mansion after our wedding incident."

It's because Lucy's father had him guarded. Sometimes, he could even see black car following him wherever he goes. And he could easily identify it as Heartfilia's with their golden emblem marked on its head.

Sting didn't know if Jude Heartfilia forgot to remind his men to disguise and use something that wouldn't point on him, or that old geezer was intentionally displaying their emblem to send him a warning.

No one can run away from the country's most powerful tycoon.

And that's the reason why he's so proud of Lucy. Despite knowing her father's capabilities, she still chose to rebel to make him realize that he couldn't control everything.

"Is someone following you?" Levy's voice snapped him out of his train of thoughts. He glanced at the rear view mirror, seeing the same black car tailing him.

"Yeah. Is Rogue already there?" His eyes then took a quick look at the paperbag on the shotgun seat where an all black outfit was, a black cap, and a wig that looked so much like Rogue's hair.

Yup. They would exchange physical appearance. Figure it out already why? Good for you.

"Yes. And he's being annoying. Does he even know how to speak?" He could imagine that pipsqueak rolling her eyes.

"Just don't mind him," Sting sighed. "I'm gonna be there in five minutes." And he ended the line.

Before reaching the intersection, he glanced at the car following him again and found out that they're maintaining their distance, far enough for them to be caught on the stop light. Taking the rare advantage, Sting stepped onto the accelerator just seconds before the countdown ended.

A smirk appeared on his lips, watching how his stalker got stuck up on that lane. He guessed this was enough time to execute their plan. When he reached the mall, he immediately saw Levy, Juvia, and Rogue near the entrance.

"Let's go. We don't have much time."

STING GLARED AT the girls who didn't bother hide their mocking laugh while eyeing him from head to toe. "Damn it. Do I look that bad?!"

"Not really," Levy waved her hand as she motioned them to enter a restaurant. Rogue had long gone and was distracting Heartfilia's investigator, wearing not the same exact outfit, but looked alike what Sting was wearing when he left their mansion. "But black long hair doesn't suit you."

"Why, thank you," Sting rolled his eyes, fixing his wig as they took their seats.

"Okay. I want to get down to our business right away," Levy raised the file case she had been carrying and handed it over to him. With furrowed eyebrows, he opened the case and found two envelopes containing documents.

"What's this?"

"In exchange of letting you use my car, have us enrolled to where Lu-chan was studying right now."

"What?!" Sting tugged to the neckline of his black plain shirt as if he was lacking of air. "Are you sure? Did your parents allow you? And you only have one and a half quarter left for this school year!"

"That's not a problem," Juvia raised a hand to call a waiter before looking back at him. "I'm not bragging, but our great records would surely be our greatest weapon to get accepted despite the critical time. And don't worry, I have a cousin living there and we could just ask for his help."