Chapter 16: Intruder

"...I don't want a divorce."

It kept playing in my head, keeping me awake until four in the morning. And it's only eight right now. Yesterday, I was physically and mentally exhausted, and emotionally unstable after that ferris wheel ride. But you see, I still managed to stay awake when everyone had been already playing in dreamland.

I wonder if Natsu felt the same...

Look, he should really feel the same!! He just told me that he didn't want us to get divorced! What does that mean, then? He wanted...to be...my husband for...for...

"Urgg!!!" I rolled across the bed, covering the blanket around me like a cocoon. My head felt like it wanted to expload, especially my chest! I don't want to assume! Don't assume anything without direct words, Lucy! "Damn you, Natsu..."

After washing my face, I went out of the room. And I automatically took a gulp when I saw him cooking at the kitchen, but what made my eyebrows furrow was the fact that he's fresh from the bath. I mean...

Ugh. Why does his wet hair hit different?

"Good morning," he greeted with a bright smile. And why does it look like the sun transferred to his teeth?!

"Err, good morning," I looked away as I reached for the plates and utensils. "Are you going somewhere, Natsu?" Normally, he'd take a bath minutes after his everyday work out that has been included to his schedule since the first day of our semestral break.

"Eh, yup. Gramps was asking for my help to design the parade floats for the incoming Harvest Festival."

My eyes widened in interest, the slight awkwardness between us last night jumped out of the window. "Harvest Festival?"

"It's like a thanksgiving event held to celebrate the town's peaceful and bountiful year. It's hosted by Fairy Tail Administration together with the Higher Class Students."

"Wow..." I propped my face with my hand, elbow on the table. I've never thought that there's something like this in Magnolia. "Then it means there will be events, right? Aside from the parade?"

"Hmm," Natsu put down the bowl of fried rice in front of me. "Every year, there'd be a dance for the first night, though it's only held in the school grounds. But I heard we have a big time sponsor this time, so it'd probably be in Magnolia's Event Hall."

A dance?! Whoa, I've never been in a dance! Would it be like those romantic scenes in some books?!

"Eh?" I watched him remove his apron and walk over to me to kiss my forehead, then grabbed his bag on the next chair, surely containing the sketchbook I've given to him last time.

"I'll go now."

"Aren't you gonna eat breakfast?"

"I had my morning coffee and some bread earlier. I need to leave early since there's a lot of things to plan out," he patted my head before walking away. "And I might go home late! I still have to tutor Wendy!"

He's really a hardworking person, eh.

"Take care!" I shouted, but quickly stood up to run after him when I remembered something. I went directly to the window in the living room. "Natsu! Is it fine to invite Levy-chan and Juvia over?"

He only smiled, nodding his head and waved his hand before taking off.

I watched him drive away, slightly worried when I noticed that the clouds were heavy and a bit dark. I'm positive it will rain later. Natsu should've brought an umbrella! I don't want him getting sick again, it's scary.