Chapter 4: Blue Eyes

Letting out a sigh of relief, I put down the last plate carefully after wiping it dry by a clean rag. I looked around the house, it's already clean and tidy, but I guess I still have to clean around because I remember our maids cleaning every corner of the mansion everyday even if there's nothing to clean.

I mean...ugh. Nevermind.

"Phew. It's a success this time," I mumbled to myself as I proudly stared at the clean plates and utensils. It's been a week since we got married and I started staying here, and I couldn't count how many plates and cups I had broken already.

When it first happened, Natsu accepted my apology. When it happened again, he told me to leave the dishes alone. He had a lot of patience, I thought. For the third time, well...

"You little brat... Sit there!"

But I can't just stay here and do nothing to help him! I'm not in the mansion anymore. I can't bring my princess life here and act like some goddamn majesty and let Natsu do all the house chores, what the hell.

Besides, I want to prove to that Gray that I'm not... a burden... like what he perceived me to be.

I bit my lip as I grabbed the broom from the corner. The memories of that day really left a massive impact to me. How dare him tell me those things, when he didn't even know anything about me...

"G-Gray..." I pulled the door wide open for him to get in, but he shook his head while maintaining his cold stares. One of the reasons why I ran away was to finally get freed from those kind of looks, but I guess I was meant to endure those anywhere I go.

"I dropped by here to tell you to leave Natsu alone before it's too late. You'll only be his burden."

My eyebrows furrowed as I ducked to broom the dusts under the sofas, table, and drawers, ignoring the painful stab in my heart. Sometimes, I was thinking maybe I did something wrong to him to treat me that way. But then, I realized that people are quick to judge without even seeing the whole picture. It's their nature.

And I admit that I've also done it in the past. But for Gray to go that far with no care to what I could possibly feel...

"You're not the one who can help Natsu, Lucy. In fact, you'll only be his downfall, trust me."

He's just so insensitive...

"He's gone through a lot already. Don't make his life even worse. Solve your problem immediately, or better yet, leave Magnolia and ask someone else to help you."

But do I have the rights to complain when he's doing that because he was concerned to his friend?

I don't know...

Trying to forget about it all, my eyes moved to the near wall clock that currently displayed 5:00 PM. Natsu already found a job the other day and it's in a small restaurant in the plaza. Every weekdays, his schedule is 7 to 11 in the morning. But in weekends, he is always in full time.

And since today is Saturday, his out will be in an hour from now. So I guess it's time for me to start walking! I ran back to the bedroom and started rummaging through Natsu's cabinet, and pulled out his red hoodie and black sweatpants.

Geez, I still haven't bought my new pairs of clothes because first, Natsu didn't want me to roam around the plaza without him, so Natsu lent me some of his clothes that he's not using anymore. Second, I contacted Sting two days after my runaway drama and found out that I'm in a wanted list...

Ehem.

Kidding aside, I've learned that my father was in a major search for me since that day. But what scared me the most was they found Sting's car that I had abandoned in the bus stop, and it's only near in this town. For the past days, I was acting so paranoid that I was imagining someone knocking on the door and it would turn out that it's my father, then he'd drag me all the way to our mansion and imprisoned me there forever.