Chapter 9: Wish

The cry of the sky, the roar of the thunder, and the harsh attack of the wind were all I could hear. I looked up at the roof, it still had its some holes where droplets of rain managed to enter, but we had now buckets and basin prepared unlike that very hassle first day of storm.

My eyes then moved to the wall clock. It's already nine in the evening. He really need to eat... Dropping my gaze on the soup I was cooking, I sighed to at least relieve the worry and guilt mixing in my chest.

Minutes after, I turned off the stove and put a bowl of soup on the tray with a glass of water, and medicine. I carefully walked my way to the bedroom, letting out another heavy sigh when I saw him peacefully sleeping, covered with blanket from his neck down to his feet.

But I don't have a choice but to wake him up.

After putting down the tray on the small table, I pulled the near chair and brought it next to the bed.

"Natsu..." I slowly removed the towel on his forehead, and replaced it by my palm to feel if his temperature had finally decreased.

But it wasn't. If anything, it had only risen.

Earlier, I had thought everything was finally okay, but what happened next made a squeal of shock and panic escape from my throat. After Sting accepted his hand shake, he suddenly collapsed.

"Natsu, wake up. You need to take your medicine."

Natsu was still conscious then, but it seemed he couldn't stand and move on his own. We had helped him go inside the house, while Sting watched over him when he's taking a bath. Who knows, he might collapse again in the bathroom. It's better to be sure, right?

Although Sting gave me a lot of scolding before he left. Tss. I know it's my fault, he didn't need to rub it on my face.

At first, Natsu didn't want to sleep on his own freaking bed because of me, because of his rules. Tch. Who would even care about it when he needed the proper sleep the most? Not that I'm saying I'd sleep next to him, though. I'll take the hammock this time.

"Natsu. You need to eat!"

Slowly, he opened his eyes as his hand weakly held mine still on his forehead. His eyes were bloodshot, small tears were gathered on its corner maybe because of his high temperature. He was also shivering a little.

"I c-can't..."

"What? No. You need to eat to regain your strength!"

I helped him sit up when he attempted to move. Quickly grabbing another pillow, I placed it on the headboard and made Natsu lean against it. He had his eyes shut, cheeks and nose were red.

"You might catch my fever, Luce."

"I'll feed you," was my only answer. What does he expect me to do? Leave him on his own when it's so clear that he couldn't even move properly? Tch.

I have also experienced having a fever, I'm sure everyone does, and it's the person's enemy that they couldn't defeat on their own. It's like my head felt light, yet so heavy at the same time, as well as my whole body. Every air coming out of my nose was hot, even the insides of my eyes. Dizziness and headache were also present.

It was the worst. And Natsu wanted me to leave him alone with that condition? No way.

"Luce--"

"No," I tested the soup's temperature by pressing the tip of the spoon on my lips, and brought it near his mouth after making sure that's it's now warm. "It's my fault why you're sick, and I'll take responsibility of it."