Chapter 22: Locked

"Master Makarov want you in the office," Aries audibly whispered, bowing her head to obviously avoid my eyes.

My eyebrows furrowed. Did I do something wrong? "Huh? Why?"

"I don't know... I'm sorry."

Even confused, I stood up and just asked my friends to tell Natsu that I'm at Master's office, if he arrived without me. But Levy suddenly grabbed my wrist, looking up at me with a glint of hesitation in her eyes. Her grip tightened, eyebrows were knitted closed.

"I can come with you. Let me accompany you, Lu-chan."

"Huh?" I shot a teasing smile at her, which made her eyes narrow as her expression remained serious. I frowned. What's with her? "I'm not a kid anymore. I can handle myself."

It's not like Master would bite me. Tch.

"Come on, don't worry too much! This will be quick, I promise!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, now getting conscious at the thought that I might be getting attention. When Levy let go of my wrist, I flashed them a smile before leaving the place.

Aries guided me out of the hall. Her silence wasn't new to me, but the tensed atmosphere around her surely is. She's still bowing her head, refusing to let me see the full view of anxiety in her face. Instead to ask her about it, I held back my tongue because of the fear that I might add pressure to her.

We walked pass the parking lot, and crossed the wide road. We stopped in front of the small building just near the party's venue. On the door, the board with the words 'Official's Office' was displayed.

Without hesitation, I knocked.

"I-I'm really sorry..." Aries suddenly muttered, and then turned her back at me to run away. Before I could call her, Master's voice echoed behind the door that gave me permission.

I opened the door, that I wished I had never done. I step a foot inside that became my greatest mistake.

The moment I laid my eyes upon the man comfortably sitting while darting me with his sharp stares, coldness shot in every fiber of my being. Regret, confusion, fear. It all crushed me at once, not giving me a percent of strength to move and run away. I only stood there, eyes were wide in terror, lips parted in a sudden lack of air.

He's here.

"P-Papa..." My voice cracked, the wind coming from the outside hit the back of my arm, intensifying the chills running down my spine. "W-What are you doing here...?"

"Let's go home."

Home.

He called his mansion home.

No, it's not. It's a cage. A huge cage that felt so small for a poor bird like me.

"M-Master?" A lump formed in my throat when Master Makarov only looked away, fists were tightly clenched but he did nothing to help me. My heart palpitated violently, cold sweat forming on my forehead.

"No..." The realization that he's here and planned on bringing me back with him gave me a little strength to step back. He stood up, still looking so calm, but a storm was threatening in his eyes. "No! I won't go with you!"

I quickly turned around to go out and run away. My breathing was growing ragged, tears blurred my vision as my thoughts scattered everywhere. I couldn't think straight. All I wanted was to escape, and find Natsu.

Even with trembling knees, adrenaline rush brought me to the side of the road without falling on the ground. I stared at the other side when I heard the music coming from the event hall.