Chapter 14: The Healer

"Ugh..." The sound of the paper being crumpled echoed through the silence of the room, before a soft thud followed as it harshly hit the floor. "Ahaah!! I can't think of anything!!!"

"Erasers are made for mistakes, Luce. Quit wasting pages," Natsu strictly said, lying on the bed in his stomach with his feet up in the air as he seriously worked on his plates.

"Natsu. Why don't we change places? I bet sketching in that position, let alone that surface, is surely difficult," I offered with worry. You see, he's busy finishing his final output but he chose to work with it on the bed than shooing me away on his study table.

Heck. I didn't even notice him enter the room! I was so focused on writing for the chapter of my novel that's been going on for almost two hours now. Ugh!!

His head tilted slightly to look at me in the corner of his eyes. He released the end of his pencil from between his teeth, making me blink few times because I found it distracting.

Tch. My mind lately was contaminated with virus. And he's the virus.

"Are you sure?" I only nodded, now watching him gather his things before standing up to approach me...or the study table. But my eyes widened when he suddenly leaned closer to read my drafts scattered on the desk.

"No!!!" I threw my arms and chest on it for cover, before glaring at him over my shoulder. Natsu raised an eyebrow, lips tugged up a little for a smirk.

"What's that? Romance?"

Damn you, self. I mentally slapped my forehead, heat travelling from my neck and scattered on my cheeks. Now, he knew the genre, making it more embarrassing. He knew that I have no boyfriend since birth, and he would suddenly find out that I'm making a romance novel?

Our status is not counted, of course. And there's certainly no romance going on between us!! Really, Lucy? My inner voice countered. What about those hugs, kisses, and holding hands you've shared already?

Ahh!! No no no! That's not included! First off, those were all friendly gestures. Friends do that, right?! Second, the kisses were not intimate! It's not even on the lips...

I'm not saying I want to be on it, though!!

As if on impulse, my hand raised and softly reached for my lips. Now that I think about it, I just realized that I still don't have my first kiss...

Ahh!! Erase! Erase! The hell...

"Tell me about it. Maybe I can help you."

What? Trying to calm down my racing heart, I sharpened my glare on him. "As if you know anything about romance."

"Oh, but I do know a thing about romance..." My breath got stuck in my throat when he put his free hand on the backrest of my chair and leaned closer to my face, smirk growing wide. "Wanna test it out?"

When his eyes flickered to my lips for seconds before going back to my brown ones with its brighten spark, my heart just won a marathon.

Coming back to my senses, I raised my hands and pushed his face away! "T-Too close!!!" What did he think he's doing?!

His hearty laugh filled the four corners of the room as he stepped back, making my face burn more. He's messing with me... This meanie mouse was really messing with me...

"Damn, sorry. Your blushing face is really just my happy pill, Lucy. So cute..." he said after his laughter died down, fingers were wiping his little tears.

Rolling my eyes, I started fixing my things to transfer on the bed. But I froze when Natsu stood on my right side and put his stuffs on the table, his left hand ran over my nape before reaching my left ear, and started massaging my earlobe with his thumb and forefinger.