35: The truth of the past

WARNING!
This chapter may contain disturbing topics for some people so I apologize if you feel disturbed after you read this.

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

The tension between the two ex-lovers was radiating around the room. Arthur froze on his spot, looking into the person in front of him, who made his life living hell. The person who broke his heart in any possible ways, the person who took his heart away 4 years ago.

He had mixed emotions right now. Surprised, confusion, sadness, but mostly anger. Suddenly feeling the need to kick her out of the room, from his sight. He had no idea why she suddenly appeared in his life again, now that he is finally happy and no longer care about her.

He looked at the person in front of him, feeling slightly nostalgic with their past by looking at her. He admitted she still looks like the old Jessy he once knew, just thinner and paler without make up on.

Jessy on the other hand, feeling her heart beating so fast. She never thought she would meet him again, but she has to. She didn't want to bother him again, after everything she did to him. If anything, she knew she deserves the hate. But she has to meet him, she has to tell him everything. Even if it's too late.

Jessy was on the verge of crying. Seeing the love of her life again after 4 years. Yes, she still loves him the same even after all these years, she never stops loving him. There's nothing she wants to do than running to him and hug him tightly, but Lord knows she can't do that.

"After 4 years, leaving me at the altar alone, you have the nerve to show me your face?" Arthur began. He can't help but letting those words left his mouth, no matter how hard he tried to control his anger.

His words felt like a sharp knife to her, but she knew she deserves it. "Arthur, I know you hate me and I deserve that. But please, let me explain"

He scoffed. "What makes you think I will listen to whatever bullshits you're going to say?"

Jessy took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. "I know I made the biggest mistake by leaving you on our wedding, but please, just.. let me explain to you everything"

She couldn't even imagine the pain she has caused to him. She hates herself for doing that to him, for hurting him. They have known each others for more than a decade. She was his everything, and he is her everything.

"I don't need to hear anything that comes from your mouth, if anything it's all fucking bullshits," Arthur spat, he was raging, he wanted her to stay away from his life, just like she did. "You know where the door is, leave!"

"Arthur, please-"

"I said LEAVE!" He raised his voice, making her flinched.

She has never seen this side of him. He never raised his voice to her, so hearing him now made her realize how much she has hurted him, how much he hates her.

But Jessy was not planning to leave until she explains to him everything. He will have to listen to her, whether he likes it or not. Seeing that she won't leave, Arthur picked up his phone to call Mark.

"I have brain tumour!"

It made him stopped, he looked at her for a second. "Liar. I'm not going to fall for your lie once again"

She sighed then did something which surprised him. She took off her brunette wig, showing her not-so-bald head. Arthur lost his words as he saw her. He knew she was not lying. Nobody would shave their head only to lie about it. And he knew Jessy would never do something like that. After all, he once knew her well enough.