<3>Weekend

"Am I bad friend now? Because I like you? I don't wanna be a bad friend, but I can't stop thinking about you too"

Present Day

It was a Saturday. The only time of the week when I was sure noone would disturb me, and I'll be in peace, in serenity.

The Uni remains closed on Sunday too, but most professors hold extra classes on Sunday for prepping students up, namely freshmen. And me being one of the top students doesn't help, because I get called on for TA-ing most classes, whether for that I've to ditch my evening caffeine during weekends or skip my netflix movie rush at midnight.

That's why, almost every one of the undergrads know my name, and unfortunately being in the line I was, I couldn't just tell them to fuck off.

Though, thankfully, I was able to get tomorrow off. The proffesors were not exactly happy with it cause they made me sound like a gem who's already a known researcher in her field, but the fact is that noone but me will use their Saturdays and Sundays as TAs.

So as soon as I got off the call to the professor, I called my mom, to let her know about my presence that evening.

My parent's home is practically an hour drive from the Uni so I had time to pack my stuff and get a cab to the place.

I was currently sprawled on the sofa, playing minesfield when the screen flashed to show someone calling.

Picking up the call, a smile immediately went on my face, as I spoke,"Hey, Tori."

"Don't 'Hey' me. Did you get tomorrow off or nah?" She asked strictly. She had been bugging me to convince the professor to get Sunday off my assissting duties since last week, and I was always flipping her off. She then threatened me that she won't let me in when I arrive for the party tomorrow.

"Nope, sorry", A smirk was falling off my lips, as I stared at the large box covered in a sparkly gift wrapper, amidst the layers of glitter and ribbons.

"I hate you", She said stoicly and I giggled.

She understood I was joking, so she let out a sigh of relief and muttered how she had nails to do and about all the makeup she has to wake up hours early for tomorrow.

It was almost 11pm, and my extremely health conscious parents were already in bed. Me, being used to all-nighters and night outs, whether it be binge watching series or studying, will only go to bed after I wish my best friend a happy birthday.

It's only an hour to midnight, time flies when you don't want it to.

"Ugh fine, Jungkook called a while back", she said.

A frown went up my face but I tried not to show surprise in my voice,"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, said he'd be late for the party."

"Why?" Now, I was honestly surprised. Jungkook always competed with me to be the first one to wish her a Happy Birthday. He would be the first one to show up at the party, and a sucker for giving expensive gifts to his girlfriend. Last year, Tori received a Versace handbag. He was surely well-off.

"No idea, things been going rough lately", she said. I could almost picture her pouty lips and downcast eyes in front of me.

"Really? Are you OK?" I asked. The couple rarely fought, last time was five or six months back when they argued about who was better - Mario or Luigi?

"Yeah, don't worry about it though. It's OK", she said. I figured she needed to get time off things. Me and her always had a sleepover after her birthday party ended. It stopped after Jungkook became her boyfriend.

"Fine then", I said, only to add with a smile,"One hour."

"One hour," she replied after which we said our goodbyes and ended the call.

It was not weird to think that she would grow an year older than me, I knew her since we were like ten. My own birthday was after two months, but I stopped celebrating it after I joined college. I was just growing an year closer to death that's all.

Tori was not happy to know that we couldn't snoop around the house, grab ice cream and watch movies, like we did every year on my birthday. But, I couldn't risk it. Not after she got into a relationship. Not after knowing that Jungkook would be there too, and sometimes I have to bear them kissing on my own birthday. I knew that I'd look like a bitch, but atleast I'm not ruining them and being selfish, heart break is a bitch. And bitches love to make other bitches cry.

But, after two years, it was all fine. Their sense of PDA didn't affect me anymore, nor did the pain of my indirectly rejected feelings. I was happy for my best friend, happy knowing that she had someone she could depend upon during her hard times, to provide her the care and affection every girl wants, to be that someone people roam around the world to find. And Jungkook proved to be the best boyfriend one could ever have.

Knowing that Jungkook would be happier with Tori kept me going, though those feelings never went away. How much hard I tried, the pain would stay whenever I saw them together. And it wasn't long till I realized that I simply didn't like the boy. It was more than that, it was always more than that. But heck, he was better off with Tori than with me, I wasn't Tori and I'd never be. I could never be his ideal, the person to provide him warmth and comfort, a feeling like home, when I myself can't be that close to someone, when I am myself lost in the maze of life. Tori was that piece that completed the puzzle called Jeon Jungkook, and I can't even complete mine. Yes, Kim Tori is heaps better than me, and she deserves Jeon Jungkook like no other. They weren't the 'Most Perfect Couple of Gon-Da-Jong' for no reason.

When, my alarm went off and I turned to look at it, it was already midnight.

I immediately posted numerous happy birthday messages to Tori at all of my social media sites. In our personal chat, I texted her enthusiastically, my fingers firing away letters as I congratulated her for turning 21. My gallery emptied, as I sent her all my birthday edits of her, to get heart responses from her.

Tori was my best friend, the one who supproted me and stood by me, and was there for me whenever I craved for comfort. Jeon Jungkook was the one with the golden heart, the one good at anything and everything, the one who deserves all the love in the world, and the one for whom my heart will ache forever.

My heartbreak didn't equalise the love of the two people who are perfect for each other.

And I would love to go through much more for Jeon Jungkook, because that's what love is. Acceptance.