<18>Toxic

'You're such a liar, I feel sorry for you'

A week left until the competition, everyone was in panic. It was stressful, juggling between assignments, projects, rehearsal and debate practice. Time felt like it was slipping through my fingers, even when I was just trying to catch my breath.

My full focus was on myself, not the drama going around all over the campus.

The rumour of Tori and Jungkook breaking up.

I was tired, sick of all those people coming up to me, and pathetically whispering trying to know about the tea.

I didn't say anything, just ignoring and walking past them, feeling them mutter curses and glaring at me.

Honestly, I could care less. I had enough on my plate, I didn't want to be a personal rumour-subsider.

Sighing, I lean back in my chair, my hands moving to my face to massage my cheeks as the exhaustion seeped in.

My head was throbbing, but I had to complete all my assignments before I went to Daegu, otherwise I'll fall back on my classes and syllabus, which I couldn't afford to do. I needed that degree, I needed that job.

A 'ting' came, showing that a notification just came in, making me lean forward to grab the phone.

ToriKim44: Did you have lunch?

                        Wanna have it together....?

I pursed my lips, lately I've been ignoring her. I wasn't ready to face her, or talk to her. It felt like I got dragged into her life, something I never wanted. But I also knew she wasn't at fault. It was my fault in the first place to try and meddle myself into their relationship. 

But I'm glad this happened. A new side of Jungkook came in front of me, something that I didn't like. I got that he wasn't that perfect being I thought he was. Probably why I was so harsh at him. he was being childish now. And he should fix things between them before this worsened even more.

Getting up from my seat, I gather my notes and books before stuffing them inside my backpack. Swinging the bag over my shoulder, I type back a "Okay, will meet you in the lunch hall." to Tori.

I should also fix things between us, before it worsened it even more.

"I'm trying to fix things, but it won't work if he continues to ignore me like that!"

Since, the past half an hour, Tori had been explaining about everything going on, how it was getting messy with the rehearsal, how Jungkook was refusing to cooperate, how bad her days were going.

She apologized numerous times in behalf of the people asking about her and Jungkook to me. But I wanted to talk too, I wanted her to ask me about my problems too.

She sighed, drinking down her coffee in one go, before she looked at me,"Do you know what's happening with him?"

I didn't want to say someone's secret, so I shook my head,"No. I heard Jungkook asked you for money?"

She nodded,"Yeah. He won't tell me why. He suddenly emerged asking for money, and a huge sum at that. We argued, and said some pretty harsh things to each other. We haven't talked since then."

"Why didn't you give him the money?" I asked, swirling the coffee as I looked back at her.

Her eyes widened,"Why should I-"

"Because he's your boyfriend. Of two years."

Her mouth closed, as she looked down. She looked hesitant, as if she's hiding something before she looked back at me,"My dad's business has gone bankrupt."

I choked on my coffee, as I coughed rigorously making Tori panic and bring a glass of water before me.

I cooled down my throat with the water, as I widened my eyes at her,"You what?!"

She looked down before shrugging,"I came to know a few days before the day....you know, you texted me."

That's why she was ignoring me. I sighed, rubbing my forehead,"You should've told me."

"Too much was going on. You were already trying to fix things between me and Jungkook, I couldn't ask for anything further."

"Okay, let's wrap it for today," Tori clapped her hands, as I dropped down upon the stage floor, my face and neck covered in sweat.

Taehyung joined me, as he laid beside me, both of us panting hard. Turning to the side, I saw Tori and Su-A talking as they pack everything, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok and Shinee drinking water.

And Jungkook? He already left.

"What are you thinking?"

I turned my face around to see Taehyung staring at me,"What?"

"You look deep in thought," Taehyung blinked, blowing at my eyes, making me slap his hand.

I turn my face to the front, as I stared at the ceiling,"I've a question to ask."

"What?"

"Suppose there are two people, who have been together for a long time-"

"Who?" Taehyung turned around, with his chest on the floor.

I rolled my eyes,"I mean in general, it's a book I'm reading," I lied.

"Okay, continue."

"So, this guy and this girl has been fighting a lot lately, and always keeps secrets from each other. This causes a lot of misunderstandings, and - and whenever they fight, they come together back again with -," I stuttered, waving my hands to try to say it nicely.

"With what?"

"With sex."

He started coughing, as he sat upright,"How can you say it so bluntly?"

"Well, you asked," I shrugged sitting upright beside him,"So tell me, there is something wrong, right? Like what should they do to settle everything."

He sighed, as he stared into space, before shrugging,"They should break up."

"What?!" I widen my eyes at him, and he nodded before moving his eyes at me.

"Look at the situation closely. No relationship works without communication, and you said they keep secrets which causes misunderstandings. They don't talk and fix things, instead they use sexual pleasure to keep themselves intact. They think they're in love, but they use lust as a way to fix those misunderstandings, and to hold on to the relationship. That isn't love, that's fucking toxic."

I felt dazed, my mind haywire, as I connect the dots bit by bit,"It's toxic....?"

"Yep, they should break up while they have the chance, or it'll ruin both of them."

I immediately stood up, as I looked around. Tori has already left. I grab my things, packing my everything as Taehyung watched me hurry out of the hall, all of a sudden.

"Wait! Tell me the name of the book! The one that you're reading!" He shouted, his voice echoing around the hall.

"You," I shout back, as I almost ran outside the hall.

A/N: Communication is the key of any relationship, Introverts suffer with me :)