<5>Offer

"Sometimes I feel like you hate me, I don't want you to hate me, I'm sorry"

An hour has already passed of the party going.

And one hour of me feeling out of breath.

But it was not even five minutes that I've escaped Tori's sharp eyes and sneaked into one side of their courtyard, a soda in hand.

The loud bass music wasn't going on anymore, because the neighbours came over and threatened to call the cops. Tori's parents immediately agreed, they preferred classical music.

That's why a low and soft music was playing in the house now.

Some students had already left, mainly those who lived far away. I must say, it was nice of them to drop by for Tori's birthday.

The birthday girl had me tight by her side right after she cut the cake and received the gifts, going over and meeting new faces that I've never seen in my two years of Uni. I just smiled and waved at them, letting Tori do all the talking.

So like that, I grabbed a drink and left for some fresh air. I couldn't stay in that tight, covered room anymore. And I didn't bother Tori, it was her time tonight. She needn't bother herself over me.

Surprisingly, Jungkook hadn't shown his face yet. It had never happened in their two year relationship. Jungkook was never late, and that's a fact. Not when it came to Tori.

I thought Tori had noticed, but she was all fine and happy enjoying the party and talking with her guests. I didn't want to ruin the mood, so I kept my mouth shut.

I leaned back on the armchair, my head bent at the edge. My legs stretched out and the relaxed position made me release a sigh. I was facing the garden of the Kim's. It was a beauty for eyes and the fresh night atmosphere did wonders on me. I pursed my lips out, shaking the soda in one hand as I stare at nothing, trying to guess why the guy wasn't here yet. Accident? Traffic jam? Passed out in the middle of the road? Somehow, I was being more ridiculous than the actual girlfriend. 

Wanting someone who's already taken is hard. When Tori and Jungkook came out to be a strong couple, I distanced myself for them. I talked less with Tori, evaded her at hallways, didn't respond to her calls. I thought that this way I would never bump into Jungkook, never be in a situation where he'll figure out my feelings. I believed he was just a simple crush, I'll forget everything within a month. Afterall, we were nothing like each other that much. Either we bickered or we didn't talk at all. And talk, is what we haven't done a lot these past two years.

But within a month, I actually understood that Jeon Jungkook was not that simple. Even if I never speak to him again, the feelings would remain. That now it wasn't just like, but something more.

I loved the man who loved my best friend.

It was true that at one point, I felt jealous of Tori. How she was perfect, and how she made Jungkook feel the same. How she was better than anything I could ever think myself of.