<4> if this is fate, i hate it

'This is a script written by someone

It's a bit suspicious because it's a coincidence'

"She deserves it," My mom sighs, smiling at Shinee as she gobbles down cake (which was made for me, by the way). I roll my eyes, not surprised that my own mother decided to throw me under the bus. It has happened multiple times through all the years I've been alive, and it ceases to phase me anymore.

Shinee's lips quirk, as she glances at me. I remember that face, it's her mad as fuck face.

I suck in a breath, looking visibly sulky. Taehyung looks at me and grins, "Ooh, I've never seen Jinah sulk. This is fun."

"You just had your ass whooped through a phone call," I point a finger at him, "You don't talk."

"Whatever," he makes a face.

"Your childish banter have never gone away," Tori laughs from beside.

"You're talking like a mom," I say, and the room falls silent.

My eyes enlarge as I stare at her, "No way."

"I'm not pregnant," Tori waves her hand frantically, "They've been messing and saying I am since Jimin said that he couldn't wait to see the baby."

"Why would he say he couldn't wait to see the baby if you weren't bearing a baby?" I ask.

"I know right! That's what I said!" Shinee throws her hands out at me, before her eyes enlarge and she focuses back on the cake, "Oh wait, I'm not supposed to talk to you."

"He didn't mean it like that! He meant it as an, er, some way other than that!" Tori urges.

"Hah, you're not slick, miss. You should be glad I didn't hurl a pillow back at your face," I point at Shinee as she stares at the opposite wall, avoiding my eyes, "And Jimin is suspicious, did he dream about a baby popping in your womb? You know dreams like that get stimulated if something related happens before you sleep."

Tori turned a bright red, "Oh my God, stop. I'm telling you we didn't do anything like that."

"I'm saying that maybe you talked about babies and stuff," I shrug innocently, "And what do you mean you didn't do anything like that? You've dating for five years."

"Well, of course we have!"

"Tori looks awfully excited saying she have had sex multiple times," Taehyung pretends to giggle behind his hands.

"Thank God your father isn't home," Mom shakes her head, as she leaves the room.

"Mom!"

"I swear I can't do it anymore," Tori hides her face in her hands.

"You should be glad that we are laughing with you, instead of vilifying you and staring at you for minutes like those drama scenes Tori always watches," Shinee rolls her eyes at me.

"Don't insult my dramas," Tori says, before she buries her head back in her hands.

"There there," I pat her shoulder as I look at Shinee, "Why should I be glad you all are being normal human beings and not dramatic bitches."

"My dramas don't even have dramatic bitches?"

Taehyung laughs, "God, I missed this."

"Same," I say, sighing and leaning back on the couch.

"Not one call Ji," Shinee said, after a beat. I sighed again, looking at her wearily. I did not want the conversation now.

"No, don't give me that look. Not one fucking phone call, not one text, you disappeared and you didn't even let us know whether you were dead or alive," She points a finger at me, her cheeks red in anger.