<26>Melody is deep

'I buried my voice for you'

The crowd cheered, all my surroundings a dark blur. I could spot some people, recognize a few familiar faces. Yet, my eyes were frantic. And I wasn't even the one to go onstage.

People ran by me, a girl in a short white gown rushed on the stage with a guy in a white suit. Tapping the mics in their hand, they waved at my direction, but I knew they were waving at the sound and light crew camped a few inches in front of me. 

The backstage was busy as hell. Taehyung was the one getting ready now, Jungkook beside him as a moral support because he lost his nerve a second after his heroic declaration of performing in place of Shinee.

The opposite team's participant was ready. Smoky pink eyes, and a white jumpsuit sticking to their body, I could feel them stare at me. But my mind wasn't on them, I just hoped that there won't be this big of a crowd when my turn will come. Hopefully, debate is boring for majority of the crowd gathered here.

The lights slowly came on the stage, pink at the sides, yellow at the middle, and a white light right over the two beings present on stage. 

Feeling someone's hand around my wrist, I turn to my side as Tori whispers,"Come on, let's go join the others."

I nod, turning a little to the stage again as I see the bright smiles plastered on the faces of the two students.

"yeah," I allow myself to get dragged out of the backstage and towards the screaming crowd, my other hand tightening around my purse, containing mine and Taehyung's phone. I've to capture some of his pictures, this is such a big moment for him after all. He'd like that.

"Jinah! Tori! here!" Su-A waved at us, sitting in the front row, the others beside her. I spotted Shinee still rubbing her mascara stained eyes. Another person seated beside them almost made me stumble behind.

Jimin.

This guy, somehow, unnerved me. His presence always felt like that boulder tipped sideways on the top of a hill ready to fall off.

"Hey," he threw a lopsided grin at our direction, his red hair sparkling in the light. His eyes mostly on Tori, I didn't bother to react.

"Hey," Tori giggles, as she takes the spot beside him and I take the one beside her. 

The crowd whooped and whistled, as the two MCs smile at each other and the crowd before beginning," Welcome to the first round of the inter university cultural competition! The first round, that is Music and melody will begin in a short while, so let's have some noise!"

I winced as the howls and whistles increased, people sure are excited for this.

"The first contestant of Golden Child University is Im Nayeon! and the first contestant of Gon-Da-Jong university is Kim Taehyung! A big round of applause for the both of them!"

The cheers increased, I smiled this time as I clapped for the both. 

"The first one to go is Nayeon! Let's start it!" The Mcs threw their hands up, cheering along the crowd as the lights dimmed again, as shadows moved up the stage.

The lights turned to slight pink, as Nayeon grabbed the mic and came forward, a low smile on her lips.

The music reverberated, Nayeon hummed on the mic before she started vocalising

'It's time for us to all give something

All around the world this time of year