<19>Break

'Why are you always there when you're close to be forgotten?'

"Did you see Tori?" I get hold of Nari, who's eyebrows jumped seeing my flushed sweaty face.

"N-no, are you okay?" She timidly asks, her hands to her chest as I huff.

"No, I'm not. I'm trying to find her for the past fifteen minutes, yet she's nowhere. Tell me if you see her."

"Hey Nari!" The deep ass voice made me turn around as I see a tall lanky boy, wave at our direction, his eyes moving between both me and Nari.

"Hey Felix," Nari waved back, as the boy came to stand in front of us.

"Jinah, this is Felix, Lee Felix. He's my dance partner. And Felix, um you know her."

Felix grinned at me, nudging Nari as she blushed deep red,"Of course I know her, who'll forget your lil cute crush?"

Nari slapped her hand over his mouth, as she pinched him. I chose to ignore whatever Felix said, I did not want to grow even more flustered.

As Nari tried dragged the boy away, I stopped her,"Hey wait wait. Do you know where Tori went? Do you know her?"

"Oh, yes I know her," Felix nodded, tugging Nari's hand away from him,"She went back to the dorms, I saw her entering the building."

"Oh, thank you so much," I bow down in gratitide, as I bid them goodbye running back to the dorms. I caught a glimpse of Nari kicking Felix, as he laughed with his deep throaty voice.

Running towards her room, I try to formulate whatever I was going to say to her.

'Tori we need to talk. Your relationship is toxic.'

No what?!

'Tori, you and Jungkook will have to break up.'

I'll jump off that building if I say that.

Sighing, I walk up to her room, staring into the familiar plate with her and her unknown room mate's name. 

Just do it, Jinah!

My hands came to hold the door latch. But it didn't open.

Trying multiple times, the door still failed to let me in the room. It's locked.

My brows crunched, as I immediately take out my phone from my back pocket, as I call Tori. They key always stayed with her, where did she go suddenly?

I called Tori, my feet tapping the floor repeatedly as I wait for her to answer.

And she did after a few seconds.

"Hey, what happened?"

"What happened?! Where are you?" I glare at the phone as if it's her.

A sigh was heard, before she spoke again,"I'm at the bus stop now."

"Wha-"

"I'm going home for today. Don't worry I'll come back tomorrow. I just need to go fix some things."

I sigh, the silence hitting deep,"Tell me before you go, don't vanish out of nowhere."

"Sorry."

"Does Jungkook know?"

"We agreed on taking a break from the relationship. With the projects and rumours piling up, we just need time to get ourselves straight."

I sigh, relieved. If this works for their favour, they can fix this. It's not too late.

"Wow...." 

"I know right. Oh Jinah, the bus is coming. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, text me when you reach home."

"Sure, bye!"

I cut the call, leaning against the wall as I sigh deeply. It'll work out. It's okay.

I walk out of the building, heading towards the lonely bench outside. It was dark now, 7 in the evening. Scrolling towards my feed, I massage my own shoulders. It felt good, to have a break after a long time. Is this what Jungkook or Tori feels now? Free and independent? Happy? Free from exhaustment?

"What're you doing out here?" 

I look behind to see the familiar doe eyes staring at me. Jungkook. Again.

"Nothing," I turn back around, my eyes going back at the phone.

I heard his boots scrunch over the dead leaves littered everywhere, before he came to sit beside me.

It was silent for a while, he didn't speak. And I sure didn't want to.

"I'm sorry," he started, his fingers fiddling with each other,"How I've behaved with you for the past month was wrong. You just wanted to help as a best friend, and I told you to stay away. And then I, myself became pathetic as I asked you to talk to Tori, when I should've been the one doing it. I'm sorry."

I listen to him closely, both of our silhouttes mixing on the grass below. I didn't know what to say, but I knew that apologising is tough. Especially when you know how you've been an ass. I appreciated it.

"It's okay," I finally breathed out, as I put the phone aside,"I heard about you and Tori."

"It was for the best, I've made a lot of mistakes and the same for her."

"What're you gonna do now?"

He turned to look at me fully, and the familiar feeling in my stomach returned. The feeling that was long forgotten. That feeling that I hated at one point.

He scanned my face, the ends of his lips tilting up slowly,"Focus on myself. My studies, projects, anchoring, not to mention the play. I've neglected them enough."

I smiled hearing his words. Focussing on yourself, and only yourself, is the best thing ever. People may call it selfish, but it's actually a beautiful feeling. Because then, you're true to yourself, you don't lie to yourself.

"That's a good planning."

"I know right."

I turned away from him, looking at the dark night sky. There was a single star tonight. I felt happy for him. But I was scared.

I was falling again, without even knowing about it.

"Here."

I look down at my hand where laid a small cupcake, my eyes moving towards the back of the man who walked away to his own room. I knew he was smiling, and I was too.

Jeon Jungkook, I hate you so much. And yet, I don't.

A/N: I mean it when I say something's gonna happen.

Also, I FORGET TO PUT THE CHAPTER NAME EVERYTIME