<6>Comfort

"They say it's okay to be selfish once in a while, but they are the ones to go against you when you do something selfish for the first time"

"Can you stay back today?" Tori looked nervous, hands fidgety and sweaty being her and her troubled eyes focusing on everything other than me.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked. She surely looked drained and tired. If she had asked me this an hour or so before I would've guessed that it was because of all that meeting and entertaining her guests. But when I re-entered the house from the courtyard, I watched a tight lipped Jungkook storming out of the house.

Nobody noticed it, but I did. Tori also looked confused and slightly angry as she ran a hand through her dark medium hair and watched Jungkook leave her birthday party.

Jungkook, on the other hand, had his eyebrows tightly knitted as he went out of the door without a single glance back at Tori. He didn't even apologise as he aggressively pushed the guys standing by the door.

I had watched the situation unfold and immediately knew that something was wrong. But my eyebrows shot up when I saw Tori turn around and continue laughing with some other group of girls.

For the first time in two years Jeon Jungkook left without dinner. And Tori remained quite about it. Mrs. Kim did enquire her about it but she waved a hand to change the topic.

All through dinner, I found her smiling but as soon as the attention was not on her, she would stare at her phone expectantly, though there was a sad glint in her eyes. I knew her for so long, this was the hint of something bad going on, but I wasn't the person to push her to reveal her secrets.

But, right now when she's right in front of me, I understood that she wanted to open up, and the thought itself warmed me up.

"Nothing, we didn't have a sleepover for so long. You can use my clothes", She said. Her voice sounded vulnerable.

"Sure", I smiled,"Just let me call Mom and let her know."

She nodded slightly, lips pursed in a straight line as she turned around.

I watched her go to the kitchen and whipped out my phone. I called and mom and told her that I'd stay the night at Tori's place. She just hummed and told me to stay safe. I had to go back to her house to pack my things and get a cab back to Uni. And then I'll have to manage my afternoon classes and include some it my day classes in the night. It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow.

I sighed in distress, brows fir rowing at the amount of hurry I've to got through and entered Tori's room. A fresh pair of PJs and a tee was neatly kept on one rise of the bed. I took it and went to the bathroom to change and shower. Tori was never bothered by me using her things and the same for me, we were close since kids.

After I showered and changed, I moved out of Tori's bathroom to see Tori also in PJs sprawled on the bed.

"So, what's up?" I asked as I arranged my clothes upon a chair because they were the ones I had to wear the next day.

"Nothing, it's just that we didn't hand out for so long like for so so long, and we didn't see each other for the last week to cause I was busy here and you were busy there", She drawled as she satup a little and rested her back on one of the pillows. I knew she was lying, she was a get-to-the-chase girl. She only starts getting off-topic when she's nervous or hiding some shit.

"Just break it out Tori, what is it about? Jungkook?" I rolled my eyes before sitting in front of her on the bed.

Her eyes widened and she stuttered for some time before sighing and sitting up straight. I followed her, as i too straightened my backbone and intently waited for her to start.

"Jungkook's been a little weird lately", She started and I raised my eyebrows, "Okay, not maybe weird, but like he's ignoring me a lot. He's not replying to my texts and has been distant a lot. We are also having huge fights now and then, and that too for petty issues. I try to speak to him but he completely closes off. I don't get it, what happened all of a sudden?"She huffed as she finished.

Jungkook's been distant? Is that why he was late? Why he stormed out of the party without dinner?

"This has been going on for how many days?" I asked. I wasn't a dating expert but I genuinely wanted to help her.

"For the last week or so. He always changes the topic whenever I bring it up. He just....closes off. I don't want this with us, I want us to communicate and figure out our problems together but he isn't making it easy for me. It's like I'm the only one trying now. He even is pushing things on me", She answered, her hands waving around wildly to express her emotions.

"Push things on you?" I asked. Jungkook was never a push-things-on-others guy. He respected people's decisions, it was one of the may things that I liked about him.

"Yeah like some days ago he randomly came up to me between class and asked me to go to Busan with him, but I couldn't cause I had an important presentation. And he got angry because I rejected his offer and then we fought again before he left and I never saw him that day, "

I rested my chin on my hand thinking hard about the situation when suddenly everything clicked. Of course, that'd be it.

"Busan you say?" I perk up and Tori nodded.

"Oh right", I mumble and Tori's eyes widened, "His parents live in Busan."

Realization flicker across Tori's face and she groaned. "Oh right, he did. Oh God, do you think he wanted me to meet his parents? Holy fuck. I just broke it down."

I shrugged, "Apologise to him, I guess."

She scoffed, "If only he was that easy."

I frowned, but kept my questions to myseld. I promised myself that I won't include myself in their problems, and I won't.

But before I could end the conversation, Tori spoke up,"But how did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That Jungkook went to visit his parents to Busan?" She looked at me, not in a suspicious way though. Like she wanted to fix things.

"Jungkook told me", I turned away to hide the blush creeping up my neck and onto my cheeks. 

"When?"

"Tonight. When I went outside", I kept my answers to the point and crisp so that she won't see me getting over-excited over such an insignificant thing.

"Oh."

That's all Tori said, before she told me to get some rest cause it was a long day. I nodded before slipping under the blanket as she switched off the light and joined me on the bed. 

"Do you think he'll cave in if I show up in a onesie and red roses?"

"He'll love it," I confirm.

A/n:I had to do it as fast as I could, these days I never had the time to properly sit and write. Thank you for your patience and support.