<43> said it

'life is a stream of lies, some helps, some die'

I was breathing too heavily.

No, I was hyperventilating. Sweat covered my forehead and arms, my legs shaking just as much as my hands, and my teeth were clattering.

My hands went to my face, shaky, as I let out a whine. The dorm room that I ran into a few minutes before was dark, clothes carelessly thrown away on both mine and Esha's beds, our desks as messy as before. Nothing looked different, but actually many things were.

And I knew I can never undo the effects now. I can never forget what I have done.

I have ruined it all.

My eyes went to the mirror by habit, and they locked with another pair of eyes, dark and glum. Face ashen, and mascara streaks down the cheeks, lips dry. With a black suit, a top knot bun, and combat boots, I looked like a warrior, the winner.

But truth said I lost the battle.

I lost.

HALF AN HOUR BEFORE

"Jungkook what's wrong with you?!" I've never seen Taehyung this mad, his face was red, eyes wide and veins popping out in his neck.

The room boomed with his voice, everyone held their breaths as they looked at Jungkook, who was standing in a corner of the room, brows scrunched and a frown on his lips. He looked mad as well, quite unlike the light blue suit he was wearing as he acted the role of a dumb, shy prince.

And on the other side, there was Shinee and Tori, the former rubbing ice on the latter's foot.

And now as I notice, Tori's feet have swelled to twice its size before, a red-blue blotch on her skin.

She spared a glance at Jungkook, the tears she left onstage still on her face.

"It's okay, it was an accident," She muttered, knowing it was a lie.

It was a deliberate move, with Jungkook stepping on Tori's bare feet with his boots. It was the scene when the princess was to elope with the guard, after the royal ball.

I was there, having already had a dance with Jungkook, the one we practised for several days. I made sure we didn't catch eyes more than once, but I also knew there was something wrong.

Jungkook was making mistakes, wrong words in the dialogues, wrong steps, and when I looked at his eyes to see what was up with him, I found him looking at something behind us. With eyes showing nothing but hate.

And I knew who was behind us, Tori.

When the time to change partners came, I went backstage according to the plot.

But as soon as I arrived, I heard Su-A let out a gasp, followed by Namjoon and Shinee.

Turning around immediately, my lips parted too as I watched Jungkook step on Tori's foot, and Tori letting a few tears fall before she even understood what happened.

Hoseok didn't see what happened as he narrated from the script, but Jin and Taehyung, who was standing at the other end waiting for their entrance, did.

Jin saved the show after that, as he signalled Taehyung to change the scene and ran onstage, and dragged Tori out from Jungkook's hands.

Taehyung signalled Hoseok to end the Act right there, and though highly confused, Hoseok did just that.