Gauri Kumari Sharma : A woman of Persistence

I have seen women before and after Gauri. But no one has ever managed to amaze me or should I say out throw me! Right from the moment she set her foot in the house to this very moment, I've seen that woman getting molded at each point. 

Her first appearance in the house as a boy still fascinates me. The antics and words were often a mismatch but yet she was convincing. Omkara despised her since the day he met her. Yet, she loved him with all her heart. This is the point where my heart goes out for her. What did she gain?

Chulbul was the phase I got to know more about her. She lived with her mother in Barielly. If there is someone for whom she would end her life, then it's her mother and Omkara. The latter's name is bringing up that question again. What did she gain?

Drama was something that revolved around us. So the revelation of Chulbul had to be dramatic. Omkara had thrown her at the feet of Kali Thakur and left! Though I don't know much, I definitely knew that Kali Thakur is not a saint. But she was strong. She escaped from the forced marriage again and ended up coming with Omkara for reasons I don't know. There too I can't help but ask this. What did she gain?

The moment she entered as his bride must've been the moment she yearned for yet it was a moment that must've caused her immense pain. Who would wish to be hated by the love of their life? But she chose the harder way. She stood by him even when he threw her away. Again, What did she gain?

I'm quite surprised at how she could leave just like that! He asked her to leave, she left. But fate, in the form of Shivaay, brought her back to Oberoi Mansion. A moment when I felt I should hoot and clap for SSO. But yeah, even I'm bound to certain things. When Omkara saw her, I saw many emotions flickering in his eyes. Shock? Surprise? Anger? Everything flashed before he and Shivaay engaged in an argument. She didn't say anything against him. Neither the way he treated her nor the way he used for his personal gains. There! What did she gain?

The marriage rituals. That was the worst part of this whole fiasco. She had to pretend that she was happy when she was breaking inside. How did she do that? Didn't she feel anger rising up? Or did she simply chose to ignore the fact that she too was a human being? 

People around her had always used her I guess. Her relatives, Kali Thakur, Omkara and the whole Oberoi family. May be she got used to it that she fails to recognize it! A relationship where you are always the giver. Can you imagine it? I wonder how she coped up with it! When the truth about Bua Ma came out, she had again stood up to leave. But she was stopped by the man she loved. Omkara stopped her. May be he felt guilty, or pity. Was it love? Whatever it was, at that moment he had realized he was wrong. That was a beginning. Where he promised himself to know her, to learn about her and she, decided not to run behind him. She decided to stay back. What did she gain?

This is how I started believing in psychology. No matter how hard your resolves are, the basic character stays. Omkara was a person with major trust issues so eventually, his promise to himself vanished in thin air. And Gauri? Well, I think that woman has selflessness running inside her instead of blood! She yet again fought for him despite the harsh behaviour she got in return. Here too, my question has significance. What did she gain?

Then, Omkara came to know her truth. The truth of her being innocent. Isn't it funny how good people can't realize the goodness in others! Well, this is what happened in their case. Coming back to the topic, he then began to notice his wife. Yes, all these while, he was trying to know who Gauri was. But this was different. He was getting to know his wife. That must've been the most beautiful phase of life Omkara ever explored! 

A while of happiness means you have a destruction on your way - that's my policy. Well, it happened with her. She was beginning to believe that he was accepting her. But Omkara misunderstood her and spat things he shouldn't have. That was the final limit of patience. Gauri walked away leaving him in a pool of guilt. This is where the question hits the chord. What did she gain!

Oberoi men and their ways are confusing. First, they kick you out and then comes behind you apologizing. And what do their respective women do? Of course, forgive and forget! Omkara and Gauri too had followed the tradition. May be he loved her. But that doesn't decrease the intensity of my question. What did she gain...?

It was then a smooth wave of beauty. I accept this, I do admire them. Because, it was always them who had to cope up with the mistakes of others. Separation had become their companion. He leaves when she needs him the most. Though unintentional, it hurts.  The exile of Shivaay and Anika hit them the most. She had to support the family, he had to quit his passion for a very long time, while on the other side, Shivaay and Anika were having a blast!

The situation is still continuing. She, despite being surrounded by people, is alone. I feel her. ShivIka's absence made me realize how partial Oberois are! They are not realizing that they have a gem! Gauri Kumari Sharma is indeed a woman of persistence. She had been subjected to pain all her life. Yet, she fights and suffers for people who ignore her!

My thirst for revenge is still not banished. I will destroy the Oberois for sure. But amidst the fire I would like to say, that I, Svetlana Kapoor, respects Gauri Kumari Sharma. Because I've seen how she became the woman she is today.

Svetlana closed her diary and looked at her watch. 11pm. She was not feeling sleepy so she sat down to write about a person whom she hates and respects at the same time. Svetlana sighed at her own musings. Who would have thought that she will write 2 pages in her diary about Gauri! She stood up and walked to the kitchen to take water. Ever since Shivaay and Anika walked out, she's been staying in the mansion. To be precise, she was tired of her life. Destroying the Oberois had been her sole motive but when she sees people living their life, she silently wishes she lived a normal life. 

Svetlana was surprised to see light in the kitchen at that point of time. She slowly walked closer to see who was there. "Gauri" she whispered to herself watching the petite woman cleaning the kitchen. Gauri's eyes held exhaustion yet she was working, humming a tune to herself. Svetlana could see the lonely feeling that was reeling up in the tune. If situations were different, Svetlana was sure she would have befriended this woman.

"What do you want?" Svetlana's chain of thoughts broke as Gauri voiced out her question. She was already tired and no more energy was left in her to engage in a verbal war. "I just came to take water" Svetlana said shrugging and walked to the fridge. Gauri sighed and resumed her previous activity. Gauri could feel her limbs paining and her eyes pleading her to close them. But this was her way of distraction. Distraction from the emotional instability she had.

Svetlana was about to walk outside but stopped in her tracks. Her question rised again and this time she chose to voice it. "What did you gain?" Svetlana asked and Gauri stopped working. Her eyes turned glassy but she chose to stay silent. The question hit a chord. What did she gain? She herself didn't knew the answer. "I didn't lose anything" she replied and was about to walk out. "But did you gain anything in this deal Gauri?" Svetlana's question halted her steps. The arch rivals stood there as their thoughts roamed in different directions to the same destination. 

That's it. A random musing of mine. Do tell me your views.

Criticisms are always welcomed.

Thank you for reading💛.

Stay safe. Be happy😊💛.