Epiphany(OS)

"I wish I never met you Gauri!"

Omkara angrily walked out after throwing yet another accusation at his- no, not his wife. He didn't believe in this marriage. Whatever it was, Omkara had a strong dislike for this woman.

She stood there, tear stricken and lost. He stopped in his tracks as he heard her sniff. He slowly turned back and his heart melted for a second.

She didn't notice him staring at her as she sunk to her knees, sobbing recklessly. His heart went out for her. But the scene of her pushing Bua Ma in the pool suddenly angered him.

"How could you Gauri?"

She looked at him as more tears ran down her face. She wanted to scream her answers but her voice betrayed her.

"Bua Ma treated you like her daughter. You tried to kill the woman who stood up against me for you. How low can you stoop!?"

She vehemently shook her head denying everything.

"Omkaraji I-"

"My life was so much better without you!"

--------------

The sound of alarm pierced his eardrums and he sleepily groaned turning it off. He lazily got up and looked around only to frown.

His room looked different. Well, its arrangements were the same but there was something missing. Gauri. Yes! There was no sign of her.

Neither she nor her belongings were to be found. The dressing table was devoid of her jewelleries and the box of vermillion. The dresses she made for the idols were also missing.

His eyes roamed around in panic as he stood up in haste, calling out her name. "Gauri?" He walked around the room searching for her. She was not in the bathroom, she was not in his art area; nowhere to be found!

His heart skipped a beat as the thought of her leaving the house crossed his mind. He quickly walked out deciding to ask the guards. On his way, he bumped into Shivaay who was dressed for office.

"Shivaay!"

"Yes Om?"

"Have you seen Gauri?"

"Who?"

"Gauri. Have you seen Gauri?"

"Which Gauri?"

Omkara frowned as he heard that. His brother looked so confused with the name.

"Which Gauri are you talking about Om? Do we have a servant named Gauri?"

"Shivaay, my wife. Gauri."

Shivaay stared at him for a minute before he broke into loud laughs. He struggled to control and once he did, he shook his head at Omkara.

"Nice try Om! But I don't have time for your prank now. I have to go to office. Nice try ha!" Saying so, Shivaay walked away, leaving behind a baffled Omkara.

As he stood there wondering what to do, someone patted his shoulder and he turned. There stood his mother looking at him with an amused smile.

"What happened? Why was Shivaay laughing so loud?" She asked and he blinked, trying to analyse the situation.

"Leave that. Mom, have you seen Gauri?" Janvi's smile turned to a confused one at his question. He looked at her expectantly while she shook her head.

"Who are you talking about?" She asked making him sigh in exasperation. "Mom! Gauri! How can you forget her?" Janvi's face turned more confused as she heard that.