The Amiable Samaritan(OS)

The moon shined brightly in an attempt to get some attention from his stars. But they were too busy admiring the long-haired man who was sleeping peacefully. After ages, Omkara was having a good sleep. But it didn't last long as he heard loud noises coming from outside. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock showing 2.00 AM. "Not again" he groaned in frustration. He knew the sources of the noise. Reluctantly, he parted from the bed and headed downstairs.

In the dim lit hall of Oberoi mansion, you could see two figures yelling at each other. Omkara sighed as he saw a familiar pair of blue-green eyes.

"Shivaay" he called in an attempt to stop him. But their yelling was too loud for his feeble voice to be heard. He looked at the tiny woman shouting at his brother. Fierce, outspoken, bold and broken. That was Gauri Trivedi in few words. The thought of stopping her brought him an headache.

"Shivaay stop it" he shouted on top of voice. Silence filled the hall immediately. "What is this Shivaay?" he asked in his sleepy tone. "What is this? You are asking me? Ask her. She started this circus" Shivaay said glaring at Gauri.

"Wow Mr.Oberoi. So easy right? Blame me and my sister and everything is fine. Not anymore. You have no right to talk to my sister like that" Gauri yelled on top of her voice. Omkara couldn't take it anymore. He dragged Gauri away or else he would've witnessed a murder. 

 He stood beside her silently. "Why does it always happen with us?" she said as a mere whisper. Her eyes were filled with angry tears. "Why Omkara?" she asked and looked at him. He didn't know what to reply.

The wind blew wiping away the salty water from her cheeks. For a moment, Omkara wished he could do so. "I'm sorry Gauri. I'm sorry on behalf of Shivaay" he said looking down.

"He pushed her out of the room. I lost my cool when I saw her crying at Gauri said. "Anika di has suffered a lot in life. She had to take up mine and Sahil's responsibility at a young age. Never in these years, I've seen her complaining. She never demanded anything Omkara. She lied to me about our mother to keep me happy. She sent me to a far way college so that I would be away from the hostile environment at home. She married your brother to keep the truth about our mother away from me. She suffered everything for my happiness. Now when she needs my help, I can do nothing but stand helpless. My heart bleeds seeing Di like this" she said and bit her lips to control the sob.

Omkara looked at her helpless. He was going through the same. Only difference was, she expressed everything but he didn't. Gauri felt herself getting enveloped in his warm embrace.

She looked up and saw him already looking at her. She leaned onto him and let the tears flow. The wind blew once again forcing them to part from each other. "Gauri, it's not easy for anyone. Each one of us is going through tough situations. Your sister is a great woman and I respect her a lot. And I promise you, I won't let anyone hurt my sister. She will get all the rights she deserves. But please Gauri, give me some time. I will make Shivaay understand. Trust me" he said holding her hand.

Gauri looked at him  with glassy eyes. With each passing moment, she was falling more for this man. "I trust you Omkara. And I'm sorry. I'll apologize to Mr.Oberoi" she said freeing her hands. "You don't have to Gauri. He is at fault. He should say sorry" he said and started walking inside with her.

The hall was empty. They sighed and was about to leave when they heard some sound. They looked behind to see Shivaay taking a sleeping Anika to THEIR room in his arms.

Gauri's lips curved into a small smile as she saw that. "I take that as an apology" she said to an equally smiling Omkara. He looked at her and chuckled. "He's as distressed as you and me. He'll understand everything with time Gauri" he said. Gauri knew this man was no where near her fate. Still, she couldn't help but think of a future with him. "Thank you Omkara" Gauri said. "Goodnight" both wished and retired to their rooms. The moon peeked at the scene from behind the clouds as it slowly started fading away.

Thank you for reading.

Stay happy.