Their heaven(OS)

The breeze was welcomed by the loud laughter from the garden. Curious, it made its way towards the garden, slightly touching the curtains on the way. In the beautiful garden of Oberoi Mansion, a boy and his mother was playing. "Mumma stop" the boy said tired of laughing.The lady kissed on his forehead and they both sat on a nearby bench. "Gauri..Siddharth.." Anika entered the garden smiling.

"Badi Ma" Siddharth immediately jumped to hug her. The ladies shared a hearty laugh at that. "He is very lucky to have a mother like you" Anika said once Siddharth went inside. "No..I'm lucky to have him as my son" Gauri said with a fond smile. Anika looked at her sister and smiled. Her sister was one of a kind. Omkara and Siddharth are indeed lucky to get her. Both the ladies stood up as they heard sounds from the hall.

In the hall, Siddharth Singh Oberoi and Ansh Singh Oberoi stood looking at the broken vase. They were playing and by accident, the vase fell down. And to their bad luck, Jhanvi entered the scene gaping at the broken vase. Jhanvi never liked Omkara marrying Gauri. So whenever she got an opportunity, she taunted Gauri.

"Now if someone like you brings up a child, they would end up like this only" Jhanvi said looking at Gauri who had just entered the scene. "But being his elder brother I should've taken care Jhanvi Dadi" Ansh said as he sensed the situation getting worse. "Still, you cannot always help him Ansh. I had warned Omkara but then when did he listen to me" Jhanvi said and walked away. Gauri's eyes were glassy. She looked at Siddharth who was already looking at her. "Mumma I.." before he could begin Gauri spoke sternly "Say sorry to Ansh. He too had to bear the scolding because of you. How many times have I asked you to play carefully". Siddharth looked at his Mumma with tears in his eyes. Gauri never scolded the kids. She was the one who always took their side. Be it Siddhath or Ansh, she would scold the person who scolds them.

"Sorry Ansh" he said and looked at Gauri. "If it was my Ma, she would've never scolded me. It's all because of you. I wish Ma was here" before he could say more Ansh rebuked him. "What are you saying Siddharth?" Ansh asked but Siddharth went to his room without replying. Gauri inhaled a sharp breathe to prevent herself from crying.

"What happened?" Omkara, who just entered the house asked. Seeing Gauri unusually silent, he could sense that something was wrong. Gauri went to their room falling deaf to his calls. Omkara looked at Anika and she sighed and told him what Jhanvi had said.

Omkara Singh Oberoi married Gauri Trivedi ten years back when Siddharth was one year old. Ishana, Omkara's first wife had left because she was not ready for a child. Omkara admired Gauri for the way she loved Siddharth like her own. And also, she was Anika's sister so everyone except Jhanvi was happy with their marriage. Eventually, both of them fell in love which made way for a beautiful set of parents for Siddharth. Gauri always considered Siddharth like her own son. Even if she didn't give birth to him, the bond they shared was much stronger than blood relations. Siddharth knew all of this. And he loved Gauri more than anyone. Omkara was happy but his mother's attitude towards Gauri hurt him. But every time he shares it with Gauri, she brushes it off saying "She is a mother who is worried for her son" when she herself was sad.

Omkara entered their room and saw Gauri standing at the window fighting her tears. "Gauri" he softly called and she looked at him. Her eyes were red and glassy. Holding everything inside, she spoke "Shall I bring your tea?" even if she tried hard, her voice broke at the last word.

Omkara sighed and closed the door. Gauri turned to the opposite direction, not able to meet his eyes. "Gauri" he called again this time standing next to her. When she didn't budge, he slowly turned her towards him and made her look into his eyes. Gauri couldn't stop the tears that escaped her eyes. She leaned onto him crying silently. Omkara wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hairs.

"I'm sorry Omkaraji. I'm a bad mother. Ain't I?" she asked without looking at him. Omkara sighed at her. He didn't know what good deed he had done in the previous birth to get this woman. "You don't have to be sorry Gauri. Being his mother, it's your right to scold him. If you don't correct him, then who else will? You are a great mother Gauri. Not all are blessed with a heart to love someone like their own. You're the best mother Siddharth could ever get" Omkara said wiping away the tears off her face.

"Siddharth must've said that in the heat of the moment. He'll come around. He'll not sleep without wishing you a goodnight" Omkara said making her smile. "He's not like my own. He is my son" Gauri said possessively making Omkara chuckle. "Your hormones are high on possessiveness. I wish the little one doesn't inherit this" Omkara said placing his hand on her stomach. Gauri chuckled as both of them went outside.

Gauri opposed the idea of having another child scared that she would end up discriminating between Siddharth and her child. But four months back, she got to know that she was expecting. She had cried in Omkara's arms sharing her fears. "You'll never fail them Gauri" Omkara had assured her. Siddharth was ecstatic on hearing the news. Both Omkara and Siddharth was taking good care of Gauri.

Later that night, when Omkara and Gauri were about to sleep, there was a soft knock on the door. Omkara smiled knowing who it was while Gauri was confused. Omkara opened the door revealing Siddharth standing there in tears. "I'm sorry Mumma" he said entering the room. Gauri pulled him towards her and hugged him tightly. "Shh..It's not your fault. I shouldn't have.." Gauri was interrupted by Siddharth "You have the right to scold me Mumma. You're my mother".

Gauri looked at him with a smile and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Omkara smiled at the scene as he settled himself on the bed. "Nobody loves me" Omkara said dramatically making them chuckle.

"Papa" Siddharth called hesitantly. Omkara looked confused at him. "Jhanvi Dadi told me that once the baby arrives, Mumma won't love me. I was overpowered by her words" Siddharth said looking down. Omkara sighed. "Siddharth, it's not your fault. Always remember one thing. Mumma and Papa loves you a lot. Nothing else matters" Omkara said and Siddharth smiled.

"I know Papa. And I promise, I'll never disappoint you. I'll be the best brother" Siddharth said and Omkara smiled at Gauri. Gauri smiled and hugged both of them. This was their heaven and they would cherish it forever.

This was a happy os..Okay a bit emotional. But when this idea suddenly popped in my head I couldn't stop myself. Leave a comment.

Thank you for reading.

Stay positive and safe. Be happy😊.