Reunited (OS)

Anika looked at the photograph. Papa, Chutki and Anika. Chutki. A fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Gauri hi chutki hai"
"Mat jao Jiji"
"Agar use jaana hai tho jaane do"
"Jiji nahin"

Anika replayed the events one by one. Few minutes ago, she got her Chutki back and now she was going to leave the city. Shivaay didn't bother to stop her. Anika hugged the photograph. "I'm sorry Chutki" she whispered and packed it with her belongings.

Omkara entered their bedroom only to find it dark. He switched on the light and saw Gauri sitting with her head buried in her knees. His heart broke to see her like this. She was exhausted from all the happenings, both physically and emotionally. And her present physical condition made it more tiring.

He couldn't imagine a life without his brothers and here she was separated from her sister the moment she got her back. Slowly he took a seat beside her, hugging her from behind. "Gauri" he called softly. She leaned onto him without replying. "Kyun?" she asked.

"Why did Jiji leave?" she said as more salty water made their way down her cheeks. "She'll come back Gauri. Shivaay will bring her back. And do you think that she'll leave her Chutki and go?" he asked and turned her to him. She kept her head on his chest. "I never got to see my mother Omkaraji. Jiji played the mother role in my life. And today, when I met her after years, she left" Gauri broke down saying that. Omkara hugged her tightly, mumbling sweet nothings in her ear. "Believe me Gauri. She'll be back. Don't stress yourself Gauri. It's not good in this condition" Omkara said and planted a kiss on her forehead. Slowly, Gauri fell asleep and Omkara leaned onto the bedpost looking at her.

Omkara's eyes shot open as he heard some noise from the hall. Slowly putting Gauri on the bed he went out to check. He looked down and saw Anika standing there.

"Bhabhi" he exclaimed loudly and she looked up. Anika and Shivaay rushed upstairs. Omkara hugged both of them. "I'm sorry Bhabhi. I couldn't.." he couldn't continue as Anika smacked his head. "Shut up. You took care of Chutki and that's enough for me" Anika said smiling in tears. She was about to go to Gauri but Omkara stopped her.

"Bhabhi wait.. I want to say something to you both" he said and Shivaay and Anika looked at each other. "It's about Gauri.. Actually me and Gauri" he said and took a long pause. "Om is everything fine?" Shivaay asked worried. Anika was worried as hell. She was thinking of the worst possibilities. "Om.. You're scaring us" she said.

"Today, when we were returning, Gauri felt dizzy. We went to the hospital and.." Omkara stopped and looked at them. Shivaay and Anika looked anxious. "And?" Anika managed to ask. "Okay I'm not adding more tension to this. You both are getting promotion" Omkara said with a smile. Both of them were confused. "You guys are gonna become Bade papa and Badi ma. Our little one is on the way" Omkara finally broke the news.

Anika cupped her mouth to prevent herself from squealing while Shivaay stood like a rock. Shivaay gave a tight hug to his brother while Anika ran to Gauri.

Gauri woke up to the same nightmare. The one she's been seeing since years. She sat on the bed and stared at the sky. Her trance was broken by a voice.

"Chutki" Anika called out. Gauri looked at the door as her eyes pooled. "Jiji" it came out as a whisper. With all the might, the sisters hugged each other. Anika kissed Gauri's hairs. Parting from her, Anika looked at her sister.

She saw the same doe eyes looking at her, the way they looked at her for the first time. "We have a lot to talk but not today. Your health comes first" Anika said as both of them sat on the bed. Gauri smiled tearfully and asked "You won't leave me na?" "Never" Anika said and kissed her hairs. Hugging each other, the sisters slipped into sleep.

"Aren't we lucky Shivaay?" Omkara asked as they watched the scene. "More than lucky" Shivaay said and both of them walked to the poolside with Shivaay already making plans for the soon-to-arrive little Oberoi.

Thank you for reading.

Stay happy.

Drop a comment about how you felt..