Jaise Banjaare ko Ghar(OS)

The morning was calm as usual. The chirping of birds and the slight breeze made it more beautiful. But to Omkara, nothing was more beautiful than the woman he had painted on the canvas. Omkara slowly caressed the painting. "Why Gauri?" he whispered. He stared into her eyes. He missed the warmth and love. The song from the radio caught his attention suddenly. He increased its volume as his heart sank into its lyrics.

Haan..
Kisi shaayar ki ghazal
Jo de rooh ko sukoon ke pal
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar
Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar
Hmm...

"Gauri decrease the volume" Omkara said irked. He loved to work in silence. Sighing, Gauri turned the radio off and walked out. Omkara stopped his work as his eyes followed her trail. She spoke less to him nowadays. She was jovial with everyone except him. His lips rose to a sad smile as he thought about their conversations. There was a time when he hated seeing her face and now he was dying to hear her talks.

His thoughts came to a halt as it began to drizzle. The atmosphere dampened and petrichor filled the air. He drew in the scent and smiled. She loved rain. He stood up and opened his drawer. From a pile of her paintings and photos, he took out an old one. It had started to crumble from the sides. "I should keep it in a safer place" he thought to himself as he settled on the bed. This painting was close to his heart. The most beautiful moment in his life. When he filled her hairline with his blood. A painting he drew with so much love. He made this as a gift for her. But then, things were never normal for Omkara and Gauri. Neither he or she took a step closer to each other. Both were scared of the other's reaction. 

"Om" Omkara looked up from the painting and saw Shivaay at the door. He kept the painting aside and approached Shivaay. "What happened?" he asked. Shivaay sighed as he saw the painting on the canvas. None of them thought that things would take such a turn. "Shivaay?" Omkara called out breaking his trance. "Nothing. I was passing your room and saw  that you were smiling" Shivaay said. Omkara simply nodded. "It's going to be okay Om" Shivaay kept his hand on Omkara's shoulder. Omkara nodded and Shivaay walked away. Omkara's mind went back to that fateful day.

It had been Shivaay and Anika's wedding reception. After a lot of hurdles, the couple were finally together. Everything was going well but fate had plans. Svetlana was looking for the right opportunity to take revenge from O'bros. They had been failing all her plans. So death was the only way in which she could destroy them. Her aim was Omkara. A gunshot echoed in the hall of Oberoi Mansion.

All eyes landed on Omkara. He stood staring into Gauri's eyes. He looked at his hands which were holding her. The thick red liquid was oozing from her shoulder. Once again, Gauri saved Omkara. Slowly, Gauri collapsed into his arms. He repeatedly patted her cheeks but no response. She was rushed to the hospital. The bullet had travelled up her shoulder blade. The wound was severe. Doctors and nurses rushed here and there. For the first time in the 27 years of his life, Omkara felt so scared. Scared of losing her. He realized that he loved her. He loved her more than anything. He didn't cry. He believed her. She can't go leaving him in the mess. The 2 hours spent in front of the OT was a blow of realization for Omkara. 

Omkara was bought back to reality when the window was shut loudly by the wind. He sighed. Six months of coma; that was when he realized how important she was for him. He terribly missed her in those six months.She didn't move for six months. With machines and wires connected to her, she laid lifelessly for six moths!

Omkara Singh Oberoi's life was miserable without Gauri Kumari Sharma. There were nights, when he would sit by her side holding her hand and cry. He would stare st her face till sunrise. He would talk to her about how much he loves her, how much he misses her. A thousand apologies and many guilty days. She was his support in some way. She was the light in his dark life.

"Hum aapse bohot pyaar karti hai Omkaraji" she had whispered before she lost consciousness. He had whispered the same all those nights. Three weeks back, she woke up. Omkara's happiness had no bounds but it all came crashing down in seconds. She didn't remember him. She didn't remember their marriage.

"Aap kon hai?" she had asked when she saw him. "The shock might have caused this. Don't worry. She'll recall everything gradually. But don't force her" the doctor had said. He missed her.

"Omkara" he turned as he heard that voice. "Haan Gauri" he responded. He missed hearing 'Omkaraji' from her. "Jiji aapko bula rahi hai" she said smiling. He nodded his head with a smile. When Anika donated blood for Gauri, Oberois came to know that they were sisters.

To her, he was her sister's brother-in-law. Nothing more. She smiled and turned to walk away but stopped in her tracks. "Omkara" she called out and he looked at her. "Aap apne baal khule rakhiye. Zyaada acha lagega" she said with a tinge of pink on her cheeks. Omkara gave an amused smile while she walked away.

The old Gauri was resurfacing. His Gauri. He opened his pony tail and walked downstairs. While talking to Anika, he failed to notice Gauri looking at him with a smile. Some habits die hard! Fate always have unique plans.

My crazy imagination. Leave a comment. Tell me if it needs improvement.

Thank you for reading.

Stay safe and happy.