Imperishable(OS)

The Oberoi Mansion looked nothing less than a bride. With flowers and mirrors everywhere, it shined like a disco ball. After all, it was the youngest Oberoi's Sangeeth tomorrow. The preperations were in full swing. Among everything, Shivaay and Omkara sat on stools beside the catering section, discussing about their plan for tomorrow. Anika had already informed them about Veer plotting something for tomorrow. So they had to stay alert. Shivaay was explaining something but Omkara's attention was on his over-enthusiastic wife. The way she was animatedly talking with Anika caused him to smile wider. He stared at her falling deaf to Shivaay's explanations.

Gauri was super excited for tomorrow. How couldn't she? It was her Rudy bhaiyya's sangeeth and..She smiled at the second thought. Anika looked at her devrani with an amused smile. That never ending smile and the tinge of pink on her cheeks meant only one thing. She was thinking about a certian Jatadhari hippie. "What happened Gauri?" Anika asked. Gauri looked at Anika startled. "Kuch nahi bhojai" she said shaking her head. "It's evident bhabhi. That you are occupied in someone's thoughts" Bhavya said nudging Anika. Her Gauri bhabhi was not the one who easily revealed the reasons behind her blushes. Teasing was the only way to bring them out. Gauri shook her head negatively with a fond smile as her cheeks turned more red.

Omkara looked at the trio, observing his chirraiyya. He chuckled as he saw her blushing. That caught Shivaay's attention who was busy explaining their plan. "Om?" he called raising his brow. "Yeah" Omkara turned to Shivaay. "Were you listening?" Shivaay asked annoyed.

Here, he was explaining it with the importance of thermodynamics and his brother was busy staring at SOMEONE. "Uhh..Sorry Shivaay. I was distracted" Omkara replied rubbing at the back of his neck. "Yeah..I can see the source of distraction clearly" Shivaay mocked while Omkara looked away, blushing.

Shivaay chuckled seeing that. "So the artist is blushing haan" Shivaay said in a teasing tone. "Shivaay I'll be back in 10 minutes. Please?" Omkara pleaded. "Okay" Shivaay said exhaling. Omkara jumped from his seat and walked towards the stairs, looking between his wife and the clock.

Shivaay saw Gauri excusing herself and following Om. He was confused now. Omkara was not the one to sneak out like this. Especially when some serious situation is going on. And the repetitive glances at the clock made it more confusing.

"Bhaiyya..Where are you lost?" Rudy's loud question broke Shivaay's trance. "Rudy..Is there something important tomorrow?" he asked while Rudra started his drama.

"Hey bhagwaan! Kaisa din dekhna pad raha hai mujhe. BHAIYYA IT'S MY SANGEETH TOMORROW". "Shut up Rudra. I know that. Anything else? Are we missing something out?" Shivaay asked. "No. I don't remember anything" Rudra said scratching his head.

"What's today's date?" Shivaay asked as something started striking him. "22nd..It'll be 23rd Feb in 5 minutes" Rudra said pointing at the clock. "23rd Feb.." Shivaay grinned as realisation hit him. "What happened bhaiyya?" Rudra asked confused. Without replying him, a grinning Shivaay ran to Jhanvi's room, calling Khanna to arrange a cake within 20 minutes.

Omkara stood at the terrace inhaling the fresh air. "Omkaraji" he turned as he heard the melodious voice. Gauri walked towards him with a fond smile. He held her soft hands and looked into her eyes. "Do you remember our first encounter?" Omkara asked chuckling.

Gauri soflty laughed as she went back to that memory. She crushed his car, threw mud on his face. "I was smitten by your fierceness Gauri" he said making her blush.

"Gauri, I know I've done many mistakes in this one year. I judged you, insulted you, pointed at your character yet you stood by my side. I'm sorry for all those tears and griefs. But I promise..I'll never leave your side. Not anymore" he said as his tears made their way down Gauri's cheeks.

Gauri felt his tears mixing with her's as she looked at her man with love. "Omkaraji..I know that you love me. And that's enough. We had a rough start, but all that matters is our present. And it is more than beautiful. I promise that I'll love you till eternity" Gauri said wiping away his tears.

Omkara smiled as he took something from his pocket. "Yeh?" Gauri looked at the box of vermilion in his hand. He took a pinch of it and filled her hairline.

Joining their foreheads, he looked at his watch and whispered "Happy Anniversary Gauri" and held her close. "Happy Anniversary Omkaraji" Gauri said with happy tears. Gauri closed her eyes as he planted a kiss on her forehead. Wrapping their arms around eachother, both of them lived their moment. They could hear the ecstatic voices of Shivaay and Jhanvi, but for now..it was only them. Under the moonlight, in each other's embrace.

Thank you for reading.

Stay happy.