A Bond So Pure(OS)AniRi × RiKara

Her hands trembled with joy as she held the newborn close to her chest. Little Anika felt ecstasy running through her veins as she studied her sister's face closely.

Supple skin, pink lips and a few strands of hair on her head; her sister looked beautiful. Anika softly kissed the little one's forehead to which the latter yawned.

"Sorry sir. We could save the baby only" Anika heard the doctor say to her father. Though she was only four, she could read it from her father's changing expressions; Her mother was no more.

-------------------

"Anika!" Harshvardhan called loudly for his elder daughter as he rocked baby Gauri in his arms. "Aayi!" He heard her yell and smiled to himself while Gauri opened her eyes.

The six month old looked at her father and giggled as he kissed her forehead. Harsh felt his heart melt at that. He looked up as he heard Anika's rushed footsteps down the stairs.

"Ready for school?" He asked to which Anika didn't reply. She quietly walked towards him and stood upon a chair. She smiled at Gauri and kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry Chutki. I'll be back soon" she said and kissed Harsh's cheek and lept outside whilst Harsh stood there chuckling at his daughter's antics.

-------------------

2 year old Gauri stumbled as she walked towards Anika. She hugged her sister's leg and smiled but Anika had a gloomy face. Her little face soon had tears rolling down her cheeks as she picked up Gauri.

Harshvardhan Trivedi passed away. He had been working for the Oberois and the fire at the mills took his life.

"Poor kids" Anika heard someone comment and more tears trickled down her face. Gauri was saying something in her usual bubbly self not knowing the chaos around.

Anika walked with the matron of the orphanage as she took a strong resolve. She would never let anyone lay a finger on Gauri.

-------------------

"Chutki!"

Anika held tightly onto her sister as the matron tried to pull Gauri away. No, this was one of her nightmares! She couldn't lose her sister.

"Jiji! Chodiye hume!" Gauri wiggled in the matron's grip but was soon dragged away from Anika. The little children froze in shock as they helplessly let each other go.

Gauri was soon out of Anika's sight. She stood there with teary eyes gripping tightly to their bedpost; now hers alone. She was left alone.

"Chutki!" Her little whisper echoed in the room as she broke down into sobs.

-------------------

"Congratulations, It's a boy."

Anika's chain of thoughts broke as she heard the doctor say those words to Omkara. Her thoughtful face broke into a teary smile as she sent up a silent prayer.

"How's my wife?" Omkara's question made her heart skip a beat with anticipation. Her mind went back to the day she lost her mother. Would she lose her sister too?

"She's perfectly alright. The mother and baby will be shifted to the room soon." A breathe of relief escaped her lips as she leaned onto the wall.

"Anika" Shivaay's voice made her look at the side. She leaned onto him and he wrapped his arms around her. "I was so scared." She whispered and he patted her hair. "She's fine." He said and kissed her hair.

"We'll go to the room?" Omkara asked and they smiled at him before following his trail.

-------------------

Anika smiled at the scene of Gauri cradling her baby boy. It warmed her heart. "Jiji, whom does he look like?" Gauri's question made her smile and she looked at Omkara who mirrored her expression.

"It's too soon to say that." She replies and Gauri frowns. "But you said that you could say whom the baby resembles." Her statement made the three in the room laugh.

"The first and last baby I predicted that was you. I fail for anyone else."

"Accha! Then whom do I look like?"

Anika stared at Gauri for a whole minute before smiling.

"Ma. You look like Ma"

Hey all! Hope you're all fine! How's the story? Do tell me your views. Criticisms are openly welcomed.

Thank you for reading 💛.

Stay safe💛. Be happy 😊💛.