MOTHER'S DAY (OS)

"Happy Mother's Day" each Oberoi wished their respective mothers. Pinky was beaming in the necklace bought by Shivaay while Jhanvi was admiring the painting Omkara made for her. Tej and Shakti gifted a collage of family moments to their beloved mother Kalyani Singh Oberoi. And the new addition, Shivani Oberoi gifted a bright Mother's day card to her Mumma. Anika was overwhelmed with her daughter's efforts to make her happy. Shivani gifted bracelets to her Gauri ma and Bhavya chachi. After everyone's gifting session was over, Rudra Singh Oberoi hugged his mom and simply wished "Happy Mother's Day Mom". And with that everyone retired to their works.

"Mummy, Happy Mother's Day" Rudra wished his mother while entering the room. The sight inside shook him to the core. Tej and Jhanvi were arguing about something. Rudra has never seen his parents arguing. The card fell from his hands. He was scared. Suddenly he was sheilded by Omkara who entered the room. O immediately took him to Shivaay bhaiyya and they both had pacified him. 7 year old Rudra decided something that day. He will never hurt his O. Thus that topic was never raised again.

Rudra's chain of thoughts were broken by Shivani's giggle. It was an incident etched to his memory. That was the last time he celebrated Mother's day. He looked to his side to find his niece being fed by his Chulbul bhabhi. For a moment, he wished he was in Shivani's place. But somethings are meant to remain as dreams. Omkara watched everything from a distance. He could understand his brother's thoughts. He himself went through this phase. But that was long back. Gauri had erased every painful memory and replaced them with pure happiness. But seeing the longing look in Rudy's eyes, he was taken back to them again. He was lucky to be born during Tej and Jhanvi's beautiful phase. But Rudra never got a chance to cherish a mother's love. He could only be a father figure in Rudra's life. He sighed as he looked at Rudra.

Rudra was about to get up and go when he saw something near his mouth. He looked down to see his Chulbul bhabhi holding the morsel with a fond smile. He looked at her with watery eyes. "Shivani, who will finish the second plate?" she asked to the little one animatedly. "Chachu" Shivani squealed as she saw food near her chachu's mouth. "Bhabhi I'll eat later" Rudra said only to receive a sharp glare. "Your drama won't work with me. I saw that you tricked Bhavya in the name of diet. But I'm not going to fall for that. Ab chup chap eat this warna ek jhaap deewar pe sata doongi hum aapko" she said. Rudra chuckled and ate the food from her hands. It tasted so good. It was not the cook's magic. It had love. A mother's love. With tears in his eyes, he ate the whole plate from Gauri. She ruffled his hair and started walking with Shivani.

Later at night, while walking towards their room, Gauri's thoughts went back to afternoon. She had seen Rudy bhaiyya looking at her longingly. She could understand his turmoil. She smiled as she thought about Rudra's content smile.

She stopped in her tracks when she heard someone calling her. She turned back to see Rudra standing there with his hands behind. "What happened Rudy bhaiyya?" she asked. "Thank you bhabhi. I know you did that on purpose. It means a lot" he said with a teary smile. Gauri just looked on with tears. "You know bhabhi, I always thought that my brothers' wives won't behave good with me. I feared losing my Superman and Papa. But when Anika bhabhi came to our lives my insecurities were cleared. I got a superwoman" Rudra said. Gauri smiled at her brother-in-law.

He looked at her as he continued "But I was worried about O. I was scared that the woman in his life would snatch my father figure from me". Gauri cheeks were wet with tears. "But when you entered his life, I realized that I was wrong. You can never do that" he said smiling amidst the tears. "I'll always be grateful to O for marrying YOU. For bringing me the best mother figure" he said and forwarded a card. "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY bhabhi" he said and hugged her. Gauri patted his back and wiped his tears. "Now don't say this to your husband. He will call me a crybaby" Rudra said to lighten the mood. "Dramebaaz" Gauri said chuckling. From a distance Omkara smiled in tears. He was watching everything. He too had the same fears as Rudra only to be proven wrong. He captured the sight in his eyes to put it on his canvas. He looked at his wife patting Rudra's head and going to their room. He followed her steps. Tonight was going to be sleepless for three souls. The lovebirds was going to have an emotional ride while Rudra would be too happy to close his eyes.

This was not Rikara. But I couldn't stop myself from writing this.

Thank you for reading.

Stay happy.

Rikara OS collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें