From Vague To Vivid (OS)

~FROM VAGUE TO VIVID~

BORN VALENTINES
February 14th had been an extremely happy day for Oberois and Trivedis.Tej Singh Oberoi and Harshvardhan Trivedi stood in the hospital corridor cradling their newborns.

Tej was blessed with a baby boy while Harsh had a baby girl. They had a difference of 5 minutes; 1.55pm and 2pm respectively.

"So? You had said that it'd be a girl" Tej said and Harsh smiled. They met 5 months back after they parted ways in highschool. Harsh had said that Tej would be having a girl while he'd be having a boy. Hence he was ready with a name for a boy and Tej had searched for all sorts of girl names.

"Well, we'll just exchange the names" Harsh said and Tej smiled.

"Omkara"

"Gauri"

The babies opened their eyes and looked at each other trying to decipher what was going on.
"Already bonding" Tej remarked chuckling which Harsh returned.

THE RED ROSE
Omkara stood with a red rose watching Gauri accepting a yellow rose from Vaibhav, their classmate.

He hesitated seeing her admiring the yellow rose. In the morning, he saw his elder brother take a red rose for Gauri's sister. So he too did the same for Ri.

But right now seeing Gauri with the yellow rose he didn't have confidence. Yellow was her favourite colour. He should have thought about that.

"Om!" Gauri shouted as she saw Omkara. He smiled hiding the rose quickly behind him.

"See, Vaibhav gave this to me" she said showing him the yellow rose. Omkara smiled at her excitement. "What are you hiding?" Gauri asked and before he could react to it, she snatched it from him.

"I got that for you" Omkara slowly said and she smiled brightly. "Why did you hide it then?" She asked with a small frown. "You like yellow more than red" he said and she smiled.

"When you give me something, it's above all other gifts" she said and he grinned. Both of them walked to their class holding their hands.

Only if the 6 year olds knew what a red rose meant!

THE PROPOSAL
Omkara ran to Gauri smiling all the way. They both were in the same school, same class and same bench.

Though they were just five but their talks matched fifty. Right now, Omkara was in a hurry tell something to Gauri.

"Ri" he called out as he spotted her in the garden. He walked towards her slightly giggling but his smile vanished when he saw Gauri sulking.

"What happened Ri?" He asked as he saw the tears in her eyes. "I miss Ma" she slowly whispered looking at the flowers.

Gauri's mother passed away soon after her birth. One of the many reasons why she was so close to her elder sister, Anika and Omkara's mother, Jhanvi.

"Ri.. Don't cry na. Aunty won't like it" he said and wiped her tears away. "You wanna hear something?" He said in an attempt to distract her and it worked.

She curiously looked at him and he grinned. "Shivaay and Ani was talking. And he asked her something" he said and Gauri frowned. "Anika, will you be with me forever?" Omkara tried his best to imitate Shivaay but failed miserably.

Gauri laughed seeing his poor imitation and he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"Om, will you be with me forever?" Gauri asked once her laughter died. "Forever Ri.. Forever" he said and both of them engaged in their talks.