Prologue

Talia Mikaelson has been many things over the years, but she has always been loyal to her family...well mostly.

You see, growing up in the tenth century as a woman who finds herself drawn to others of her sex is dangerous enough, but with a Viking father, witch mother, and living in the New World surrounded by tear-you-apart-in-an-instant werewolves, Talia didn't have the best childhood.

Mikael was....strong. Strong enough to protect his family. If only there was someone to protect us from him.

Esther had her moments of kindness and gentleness that mothers possess, and had unspeakable power, but proved to be inept at stopping her husband's wrath.

The only thing that made it at least bearable was her siblings.

Finn was stoic, like he had a constant stick up his ass. Regardless, she knew he loved her in his own way.

Elijah was the father she needed, protecting and doting on her for as long as she can remember.

Niklaus was joyful, playing games with her whenever he could.

Kol was mischievous, with her little brother she could be her true self without fear of judgment.

Rebekah was her rock, another sister to ensure she didn't drown in the suffocating masculinity.

Henrik was sweet, she found herself looking after him the way Elijah looked after her.

Their family wasn't perfect, but they stuck together Always and Forever.

Until that day...

The day Niklaus returned with sweet little Henrik dead in his arms.

After that the dominoes kept falling.

Esther decided to use her magic to create a curse that would change the world forever.

By changing her children into the first ever vampires: The Originals.

Suddenly they were stronger, faster, with unique powers...

And of course the hunger.

Pretty soon bodies started piling up.

When Niklaus first took a life, Esther's biggest secret came to light, and her husband was less than pleased.

He had killed her, and tried to kill Niklaus, but escaped with the help of his siblings.

And for a thousand years they ran.

Trials and tribulations, betrayal and daggers, Niklaus turned from a joyful boy into a cruel man. No one was safe from his rage, not even his siblings.

While Elijah stood by him, attempting to save Niklaus, Talia found her purpose in protecting her family from the monster she once knew as her brother. She vowed never to love one without the name Mikaelson. Love is a weakness, and if she were to stand against Niklaus she could not be weak.

Whenever one of them was daggered, Talia's rage would annoy Niklaus to the point of a snapped neck or being daggered herself.

Over the years the Mikaelsons were tested, but Always and Forever was the glue that held them together.

Eventually, their running brought them to a place like no other: New Orleans, Louisiana.

This nothing city soon became the closest they had to home.

Until Mikael found them and they had to run again, but this time in pieces.

After Rebekah was daggered yet again, Elijah and Talia went to Mystic Falls to kill Niklaus.

Instead, their father was killed alongside their brothers Finn and Kol curtesy of a bunch of teenagers led by two vampire toddlers.

After the death of her beloved brothers, Talia was unreachable, truly broken.

Elijah continues to fight for his sister.

Always and Forever isn't something one can back out of.

><><><><

A/N

Prologue is up!

Will probably only use this when I have something important to say.

Hope you enjoy!