(10) Girl in New Orleans | Part 2

"Can you tell what this party is for?" I asked my brother amusedly as we do our best to blend into the bar where my sunshine works.

"This is New Orleans, sister. Does there need to be a reason?" He seems just as jovial as I am right now.

"I suppose not." I chuckle, catching a glimpse of Cami waiting for Marcel.

"Someone's in a better mood tonight." Klaus observes with a smirk.

I would never say it to his face, but this night hasn't been as excruciating as I expected. Might have something to do with seeing my sunshine, but I can also thank my annoying brother. While he can be an absolute pain to deal with, there are small moments when I get to see the brother I adored. Light and humorous.

That doesn't justify or make me forget the mountains of darkness that swallow us whole every single day, but it's nice to see.

Still, there's something niggling at the back of my mind. I'm forgetting something, I know I am.

"I can say the same about you, brother." I can't give anything away.

"Things are looking up. Your good mood has nothing to do with Cami, I imagine?" This is it. I knew this was coming.

Straight face. I can do this.

"Or maybe looking at something other than the four walls of the manor is helping." Deflection.

Before Klaus can retort, we see Marcel entering the bar with a small brunette girl walking alongside with a huge smile on her face. She must be Davina.

She looks so cute and innocent.

Living in this world, that won't last long.

We see the pair approaching Cami as Marcel appears to be introducing the two.

We wait a few minutes and Marcel still hasn't left. That might be contributing to Davina's sudden annoyance.

But this plan won't work if my Marcellus doesn't go away.

So I decided to take the Klaus plan in my own direction.

Moving away from the shadows, I walked towards Marcel's view. Just one peek.

As I predicted, the moment Marcel spotted me his faces morphed from surprise with a dash of fear, before quickly making his way over to me.

"Tia! What do I owe the pleasure?" His voice boomed, as if trying to intimidate me.

Like I'm some kind of lackey.

"Marcellus! Heard about another party tonight, and considering how the last one went I decided to make an appearance once again." It hurts lying to him, but I need to remind myself he isn't the same boy I knew.

Far from the worst of a Mikaelson, but he certainly inherited our 'habits.'

"Am I to assume your brother is lurking around somewhere in my city?" Paranoia. Gets it from his father.

"I'm afraid it's just me, Klaus drank himself into a stupor tonight. He sends you his regards." At my response, I see his shoulders relaxing.

"Well, considering neither of you were invited into the Quarter tonight, tell him not to worry."

I could see from the corner of my eyes that Cami and Davina were much chattier with Marcel gone, and little Davina was giving heart eyes to the violinist on stage.

Why a teenage boy was playing music at a bar I will never understand.

"I simply wished to see you again, Marcellus. It's been a bit." And the last time I saw you I saved your life, but no big deal.