(32) Le Grand Guignol | Part 2

What else did I miss while I was being tortured with my siblings?

I was holding off on pestering Elijah, but I can't imagine what he must have gone through when he found out we were all gone.

I know I'd be losing it.

"What happened with Hayley?" I asked him as we trudged through the Bayou. "Celeste told me she gave you a choice to save one of the four of us. Obviously you chose the pregnant mortal. But what happened?"

He sighed. "As you are probably already aware, Hayley threw a party during the full moon for the chance to see her family. The witches took advantage of their naivety and revealed her whereabouts."

I cursed. "I knew I should have been there! I wanted to."

"We can't think about the past. I shouldn't have let my guard down, I should have killed Celeste the minute I saw her. But we must focus on now."

"Did you get to meet her family?" An innocent question, but his reaction proved otherwise.

"A few." From his demeanor, I decided to leave it at that.

I don't even want to ask. Werewolves can be the worst.

Worse than humans even.

Judgmental, holier-than-thou, hypocrites.

We finally spot Hayley and Eve with Celeste handing over a jar of something. "...This, call it a chance for me to give you what I was too in love to give myself. It's a chance to free yourself from the Originals." We're always the problem...

Eve turns. "You believe her?"

Elijah makes our presence known. "Whatever she's promised you, it's a lie."

Hayley's eyes widen when she sees me. I wave as she rushes to hug me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm alive." I reply.

Without letting go of me, she looks at my brother. "Elijah, it's okay. I'm okay."

But he's adamant. "She cannot be trusted."

"She's the only one that can help my pack." She tries to reason.

I grow tense. "She just wants chaos. Even if what she says is true, there must be a ploy within it."

Elijah is getting frustrated. "Do you have any idea what she has done to our family? To Talia?"

Hayley looks back at me with concern, but I look away. "I know you want revenge, and come the next full moon, when I'm sure her cure works, she's all yours."

My brother is growing red. "Are you suggesting that we hold her-her-captive for an entire month? It would take an army."

The pregnant wolf interrupts him. "And I've got one." The wolves behind her howl, making me roll my eyes. "So help me or get out of my way."

Elijah looks conflicted for a moment until he vamp speeds to grab Celeste and run off somewhere else.

Hayley cursed and looked at me. "Can you do anything to persuade him?"

I shake my head. "I could, but it's not a hill worth dying on."

"Please, Talia! This is for my family!" She gets desperate.

"The answer is no, Hayley. She is a threat to our family and has already done enough to warrant a slow and painful death." I get a bit too passionate.

She tightens her grip. "What did she do?"

"She tortured me....personally. I can tell you about it later. But right now, trust me when I say her death is what's best for everyone." But she still looks unsure.