(20) Reigning Pain in New Orleans | Part 1

So it appears Elijah and I are not the worst siblings of the week!

That title goes to my beloved sister.

After a much needed rest, I have been able to think much clearer than before.

In which time I decided to interrogate Bekah on what kind of shenanigans she got up to in the days we were gone.

Rebekah told me everything, how her and Marcel banded together in an effort to lock my brother away, a similar plan to the one Tyler Lockwood came up with back in Mystic Falls.

That's why Marcel wasn't answering his calls.

Apparently the ambush did not go well. Klaus killed a fair amount of Marcel's vampires and my boy had to surrender his kingdom in order to stop my brother from killing any more.

So Klaus won.

And now he's most likely in the compound where he took Hayley, basking in his victory without the siblings who betrayed him.

Though what Rebekah did makes Elijah and I look like angels.

My clear head has given me more space to process my decision. I know it was wrong of Elijah to assume Klaus was evil enough to use his own child as a blood bag. Worse was giving him no chance to explain.

And as I contemplate my own stance, I suppose I wasn't as impartial as I thought.

Yes, I didn't immediately believe he would do it, but when asked by Hayley if I thought he had it in him, that I was less innocent with believing.

I knew in my heart Klaus would never do anything to severely harm Marcellus and yet I couldn't afford him the same with this baby.

Of course Klaus wouldn't harm her, that would make him like Mikael. And as much as he is an asshole, he would stake himself through the heart before that came to be.

So yes, I was wrong. Very wrong, and my actions have really hurt my older brother.

Perhaps Elijah was right, I can be too hard on him.

Often times, he makes it easy for me to justify that assessment, but his paranoia and seeing the worst in us is old news. Him biting Elijah is not my place to be angry. I can't shield myself behind Klaus' actions or I will never take accountability for my shitty behavior.

This time, it's up to me to make this right.

It feels too empty in the mansion without Hayley, but now I feel my brother is trying to prove a point, or punish us. Either or.

He wants to prove he doesn't need us to look after her, but he does.

He's too stubborn to admit it, but he does.

Which is how I know I can't just call him. I'm gonna have to wait for him to call me.

He wants to call the shots, so for once I'll let him.

It's just rather boring until then.

To further his revenge against us, my morning was interrupted by many large, most definitely compelled gentlemen moving our things out of the mansion.

I suppose now that my brother has the Quarter he has no need for the mansion, so he's taking all the important stuff home.

Everything except us.

Beks was less than pleased. "Absolutely not! I paid for that!" Referring to the large painting being carried out.

This comment made Elijah and I snort as my brother replies. "Please. You never paid for anything in your life." As much as it made her sound like a brat, the truth hurt.