(46) Alive and Kicking | Part 1

"Where are they?" Rebekah was pacing on the ship as it was parked in the harbor. It was currently myself, Rebekah, and a daggered Finn waiting for Niklaus and Elijah to grab Kol so we can begin our journey back to the New World after so many years. Our father had finally chased us to the coast and it was time to say goodbye to the east.

"Kol might be putting up a fight, but they'll get through to him. One way or another." My eyes go to Finn's coffin. It would be so easy to free him. To take that damn thing out and see my oldest brother for the first time in centuries. But then Klaus would take that dagger and then stick it in my heart.

Beks shook her head. "We don't have time for Kol's nonsense."

I frown. "I wouldn't call seeking freedom nonsense, Beks. It's similar to how you feel about finding true love. We need to support him. Klaus and Elijah have each other, so we need to be there." My sister rolled her eyes and my softness turned to a glare. "Bekah, he is our brother, possibly being daggered for free expression and you would treat him like our brothers treat you? Compassion, Rebekah. You're better than this." She looks down in guilt.

We finally see them walking up with a coffin and I look away in sheer disappointment. Klaus smirks. "Don't give me that look, Talia. It's simply Kol being Kol. One cannot wish to tame the untamable." I clench my fists to hold in my rage.

Kol is not an animal. He is our brother.

I just wish they could see how much their treatment has hurt our once kind hearted soul.

I blink away the tears as I breathe through another memory. I wasn't expecting this to come while walking down Bourbon Street, but I suppose I'm at that point. After all, that was the night we started our journey to New Orleans, a home we discovered would become so deeply ingrained in our hearts.

It's been happening in smaller doses these days, but that doesn't make the impact any smaller.

Seeing him helped me much more than I expected. Getting to say goodbye, getting closure, reminds me he's still in my heart. And knowing this, our happy memories will live on as a good reminder.

I'm so caught up in my thoughts I hardly notice running into someone. When I look back to see who it was, my frustration grows. "You again?"

He looks offended. "Oi! You ran into me, love. No need to get crabby about it."

I wipe at my tears. "Maybe you shouldn't put all the onus on me, you bloody tool!" I don't know what it is about this bloke that brings out the aggression but I can also chock it up to being in a vulnerable state right now.

A state he unfortunately notices. "Are you crying?"

I shake my head. "Why does it matter to you, kid? Get lost and leave me the fuck alone!" Kaleb raises his hands in surrender and I roll my eyes as I walk off, not even bothering to see if he's still looking.

Something about that kid doesn't sit right. And that's the second time I've run into him this month after never seeing him in my life.

Definitely on my to-do list. Below everything fucking else I have to do for my brothers at any given time.

Back to normal!

><><><><

"I was gone for a bloody hour!" I whine as I see the trail of blood scattering the courtyard. This couldn't have been Klaus, he swore he would stop leaving messes two hundred years ago. I grumble as I realize.

Hayley.

This is what happens when you get vampire training from Klaus.

Should I do something? Probably, but the last thing she needs right now is judgement.