(52) Red Door | Part 2

Morning had broken by the time Niklaus and I had finished bodying these innocent teenagers. Happy November! I was currently lining up all of their bodies as I looked at them solemnly. "Remind me to come back and bury them after we save Cami."

Klaus just hums until I give him a seriously look. Then he sighs. "I promise, Talia." But his mood grows irritated when his phone starts ringing. Is it Elijah? Finally coming to help? "I'm a tad busy. What is it, Hayley?" I groan. Last person we need.

I overhear her whispering on the other end. "Something has happened to Elijah. He was supposed to be our decoy last night, and now he's vanished. There's blood everywhere-werewolf and vampire. There's a trail. I need you to help us track it." My head whips to the phone as I snatch it out of my brother's hand.

"Hayley." I bark. "What do you mean something has happened to Elijah? Did you even check up on him after the plan last night?"

"Did you?" She accused.

That pissed me off more. "I have been busy dealing with my psycho father kidnapping my girlfriend and almost killing my brother. What have you been up to? Taking an autumn nap?"

Klaus rolled his eyes. "Yes, it's all been you."

"You know what I meant." I snap at him.

"What?" I heard Marcellus' voice on the other end. "Mikael has Cami?"

I feel my brother peel the phone out of my hand and put it back to his ear. "Well, as much as I might like to help you find my brother, I have more pressing matters at the moment." A straggling human starts to get up, and Klaus kicks him back to the ground.

Hayley sighed. "You both don't need to do this. What's more important than your own brother?"

Klaus groans. "My life? Talia's life? Davina had Mikael on a magical leash, and it broke. Now Mikael has Tunde's blade, the white oak stake, and Cami. As if I'm going to leave my dear sister to face all of that alone. So I'm going to help get her back. Elijah can wait until tomorrow. I'm gonna end this. Either Mikael or I will be ash by day's end. But if you do find our brother, tell him we could do with a hand." Then he hangs up. "Honestly."

I give him a scared look. "This is my fault. I should have called Elijah last night. I knew he was playing bait for Hayley and it just slipped my mind to check if he made it home safe. Now he's missing and we cannot do anything right now."

He shook his head. "Do you remember when I left Rebekah to the vampire hunter's to save Caroline instead?"

I nodded. "Yeah, you were a right dick who took our sister for granted."

He paused. "But why did I do that?"

"You're a right dick who takes our sister-" I started to repeat.

He cuts me off with a glare. "Okay, better example, why did Elijah choose to save Hayley's life over myself, you, and Rebekah when Celeste forced his hand last year?"

It finally dawned on me the point he was making. "Because Hayley was mortal and pregnant and we're immortal all powerful vampires."

"Exactly!" He exasperated. "Elijah will be fine for one day. Cami is human. End of discussion, let's go."

I was sitting next to the pig pen as I tried desperately to wipe the blood and tears off my face. I hate this. I hate everything about this new life of ours. I used to cry when I was normal, but after this.....affliction mother gave us the tears don't stop for hours. And I had so many rivers to cry.

I failed them, failed both of them. I can't get Nik's screams of agony out of my head as I desperately held onto Kol and Rebekah. As Mikael and my older brothers held Nik's body in place as mother ripped out his wolf soul. Or whatever she said.