(45) Rebirth | Part 2

Klaus was back from his talk with Marcel and was ready to discuss the specifics of the plan with myself and Elijah. "We have the Guerreras where we want them. We have them waiting, we have them worried, and now, we know they're an army with no defenses against an Original."

Elijah moves to protest. "We don't know that for certain."

I shrug. "With their lack of offensive after six months, it's pretty fucking likely."

Klaus nods in agreement. "And I'm willing to gamble."

Elijah is still not convinced. "It's too risky! The stake didn't just disappear, someone has it."

I turn to him. "What happened to your confidence this morning?"

He shakes his head. "I finally applied reason. We cannot pretend to be invincible when someone has the means of destroying us."

I smirk. "Not invincible then. Just very very powerful."

"Talia." He scolds. I raise my hands in defense.

Klaus pipes in. "Our sister has a point, Elijah. One enemy at a time! In the end, we'll slay them all." He sits down and pours himself a drink. "Tonight, we just have to plant the right seeds, and for that, we need help." He turns to me. "I met your new friend from the record shop at Marcel's."

This peaks my interest. "At least he's safe and out of the way across the river."

That gets a laugh out of him. "Yes, about that. I've given him a job. He is to be the fuse that lights the match. I instructed him to go and tell the wolves about the stake being hidden somewhere in the city. If I'm right and they don't have it, they will take the bait. Which will bring them to-" He stops himself and I give him a look. "Camille's apartment-"

I stand up in anger. "Are you out of your fucking mind? We agreed to keep her out of this-"

He talks over me. "If you'd let me finish! So rude. They will come for her key that leads to the humans' dark objects arsenal, or so they think. You heard from Elijah that they will be lured to the docks. To the warehouse Elijah has prepared."

Elijah interjects. "Camille agreed to be the bait, Talia. This was her choice."

I shake my head. "I don't like this."

"You think I do?" Klaus asks.

I ignore him. "So that's it then? Split them up and start chopping off hands?"

Klaus smirks. "Basically."

Elijah cuts in. "And as her men will be preoccupied with you and Marcel, I will go and deal with Francesca."

I shrug. "Not the worst plan you two have come up with." I sit back down. "So when is it our turn?" We all give an evil grin as Klaus brings in Hayley to continue discussing.

Elijah informs. "We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit on the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver which Talia has already procured, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail, and the rest scattered amongst her lackeys. Now, each ring is distinguishable by its setting-gauche, like those that wear them." We all nod in understanding.

Klaus looks down. "If they believe they can get their hands on the stake, they will come for me when I am weak. Each ring you retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still at a disadvantage." Fuck! I forgot tonight was a full moon. Which means the wolves will also be at their full strength.

Elijah continues. "Ergo, any hope of our success depends entirely upon our working together." He looks at our brother and Hayley. "The two of you can no longer afford to retreat to separate corners." Sound advice, brother. You should take it too.