(5) Tangled up in Blue | Part 1

The morning was going slower than I expected. After Klaus vowed to help Rebekah and I find Elijah I was hoping for immediate action, but I suppose my brother is known for getting things done in a way that benefits the rest of us the least. He's generous like that.

Hayley was finally out of her room, which is good. What is less good is her snooping through Elijah's things, but I can't control her. Just because I made her breakfast doesn't mean I'm her mother, or her lover. Not my type, I prefer ladies that haven't slept with my brother, but I digress.

Beks and Klaus are still bickering. I'd join in, but after yesterday I think it's best to avoid my bad tempered brother.

Hayley paused on her looking to read Elijah's diary. Been there done that. He just repeatedly talks about how our innocence is whittling away, and he's responsible for keeping us together, messiah bullshit and blah blah blah...

"If you're bored, Hayley I can find you a much more interesting read." She didn't look startled that I was watching her.

"I just...would like to know more about him." Everybody thinks they want to know about Elijah, until they do.

"Trust me, once he's here you're going to want rid of him." She gave a small laugh at that. "Anything else on your mind that doesn't involve my brother?"

"I mean...I do want to ask Klaus about the plan to save him, which also involves your brother now that I said it out loud." What is with this house and Elijah Elijah Elijah? I love the guy, but damn.

"Well no time like the present! Let's go probe my brother for answers!" This should be fun, and right after I decided to avoid him. But I also said I'd be Elijah, and he wouldn't leave Hayley with such a task on her own. If she hadn't told me her and Klaus patched things up earlier I would've offered full protection, which she'd likely ignore.

We both walk downstairs just in time to catch Beks' whining, my favorite! "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" My sister: the pyromancer. She can be such a child.

Klaus doesn't appear to be taking her seriously. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!" Bloody hell...

"How chivalrous of you, brother!" I made myself known as I gave a small bow with a big smirk plastered on my face.

Rebekah giggled. "Isn't it, Tia? I am so moved by his new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying his hybrid bun in her oven."

"New-found indeed, Beks! Just this morning in fact!" We continue giggling back and forth while Klaus seems to be hating the lack of attention on him.

Hayley finally comes into the foyer to bring the conversation back to reality. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Rebekah throws a pencil at the bastard, but he just catches it. Curse you vampire speed! "Or could it be Talia's...what was it, sister? The plan to have no plan?" A pencil is too little. If Rebekah wasn't pulling me towards her I'd throw the damn table!

Hayley just looks done at our antics. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific." Little shit.

"You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Good question!