(51) Red Door | Part 1

Our embrace lasted a long time as I soaked in every second of being with him again. My brother was alive, he was here. Both of them were. Our family was almost complete. All except Henrik, but I knew in my heart that I would never see him again. He's living soundly in a better place I'd imagine. But with Finn and Kol being reunified with our family, we have been given a second chance to live the life we always deserved.

The problem? Our wretched mother.

That's what made me pull away as I gave him a stern look. "You're working with our mother to destroy us?"

He shrugged. "Tentatively. She offered me a ride back to the land of the living, was I supposed to say no? But now that I'm here, I'm keeping my cards close to my chest. I could have told her father was back, but I didn't!"

I sigh. "No, but you are using Davina to gain an advantage over us. Is that why she put you in this body?" I looked at the shorter blonde broody looking teenager. "Mum loves playing matchmaker with a 17 year old girl?"

"Hey!" He defended. "I'm not that much older in age."

I smirk. "Only a thousand years."

Kol rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry, but where was this lecture for Nik when he was skulking out Caroline Forbes? What about you? Isn't Cami like 22!"

"She's 23!" I defended. "And far more emotionally mature than Davina. She's too naive and vulnerable to be getting mixed up with you, brother. No offense. And I had bigger things to worry about than our brother's choice in women. Namely her and her friends trying to kill us."

He raises his hands in surrender. "I was just wooing her to get the stake. That's all." But I didn't believe that as I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

I laugh. "Davina Claire?"

Kol scoffs. "Just a coincidence."

I snort. "A very unsettling coincidence."

His scowl grew. "Trust me, I want to forget everything about that woman."

I laugh. "Come on! I liked Marie Alice. Kept you on your toes. And she's the only scorned lover of yours to successfully do damage to you. Taking your toys away."

Kol rolls his eyes. "I swear, those objects are somewhere in this city." I bit my lip to hide my smile. I could tell him what I only just recently learned. That the humans took them and they are now in the possession of my girlfriend. But I honestly feel better knowing she has weapons to protect herself. "I have magic, Tia."

I nod. "And all it cost you was your height privileges."

That's when he finally noticed how much I tower over him now. "Oh bloody hell!" I laugh as he lightly smacks me.

I wanted to keep talking to him, catch up on everything that I missed and continue hearing his voice being spoke from a new mouth. But instead my eyes wandered to my other brother loading a body into his trunk. I turned back to Kol. "Go back inside and stay with Davina. Make sure she's okay. You got her into this by releasing the bracelet, I'm trusting you to keep her safe." Mad or not, she's still a daughter to me. I rush over to Klaus. "So what's the plan? I admit it was clever stabbing him with the blade, but how do we kill him now? Where's the stake?" I looked around before noticing the piece of wood was in his hand. "What are you waiting for, a bloody fanfare? Kill him and get it over with!"

My brother clears his throat as he looks at Cami who stood with a nervous look. "Actually, sister. I devised a better solution to the Mikael problem. Lock him away with that blade causing him unbearable torment for the rest of time. Feels a lot more vindicating."

I looked at my sunshine who didn't meet my eyes. "Cami, while I normally applaud your efforts to rehabilitate him and get him to see there are other means besides murder, this is different." I turn back to Klaus. "Your plan sounds deliciously justified but you know as well as I that our father is too powerful. The only way this ends is in death. It's not just about petty revenge, this is a matter of survival."