chapter 2

Police sirens were loud causing the neighbors to check what was happening outside. The ambulance took my parents away while a few police workers asked me questions and I told them what I know.

"I came back home and didn't know something bad happened to them until I went to check on them. " I said while he wrote it down

I hugged the small blanket around me as I tried to hold back my sobs.

"Wha-what happens to me now?" I asked

The police man gave me a small smile as he put the note book away.

" You will live with your other relatives or if there isn't any, orphanage is the only solution." He said and I held the blanket tighter.

I don't remember my parents telling me that I have other relatives.

"You don't have to waste your time."I said"I already know that I don't have other relatives."

Suddenly he ruffled my hair and said"You never know if there's a few out there."

I looked down and nodded my head.

I looked up and asked"D-do you know wha-what happened to my parents?"

He sighed and looked at the other police cars.

"We are still trying to find out what happened." He said"don't worry once we figure it out,you will be the first to know."

I nodded my head and zoned out.

This is too sudden for me. Even though me and my parents never had a close relationship with one another, we really didn't spend time together and now I'm regretting it.

"Thank you."I said when the woman handed me coffee

She sat down in front of me and took out her pen.

"I'm going to ask questions, don't worry you are not a suspect." She said and I nodded my head

"You say that you were not home and you were at school, right?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Were your parents awake when you got home?" She asked and I shook my head

" Did you see any signs of anyone being there before you got home?" She asked

I shook my head and said"The door was already unlocked."

She stopped writing and looked at me.

"Was the door knob busted or was it loose?" She asked

"No,it was perfectly fine."I answered

"Do you know anyone who your parents know and trust?" She asked

I shook my head and said"I'm mostly in my room or with my friends. I barely spent time with them because they were always busy."

I avoided to tell her that I used to hang out with my so called boyfriend but I don't think that's important.

"Okay, we done." She said before closing her note pad.

I watched her as she stood up, packing her things back into her bag.

"The results will come out tomorrow so until then you will stay at my house since yours is still under investigation." She said

I nodded my head and she sighed.

" If my son does something to you, tell me." She said and I nodded

I looked around the room and sat on the bed.

Why would something cruel like that happened to my parents. Even though we weren't close people around me seemed to like my parents.

Maybe they took their on lives but I'm sure they wouldn't do that.

I sighed and laid down onto my back.

Why did you leave me so soon.

"Hey." Someone said, startling me

I sat up and I frowned upon the person standing by the door.

"Jaden?"I said not sounding so sure

He smiled and said" My mom told me there was a girl staying over but I didn't know it was you."

Jaden is a close friend of mine who is kind of a player but we ended up as friends which I'm very grateful of.

"I heard what happened." He said" Are you fine?"

"I'm fine." I said and he walked to me

Surprising me, he pulled me into a hug.

I hesitated before wrapping my arms around him.

"You don't have to act strong." He said" You can cry,I'm sure no one is going to judge you."

I buried my head into his chest as I felt my eyes water.

"They left me Jaden, I couldn't even say goodbye." I said and he began to stroke my hair"and I'm also at fault,I didn't bother to spend time with them."

I began to sob as I thought about the opportunity I had with them.

His hands tighten around me as he let me cry.

After I calmed down I wiped my tears and moved away from him.

"I have to go." He said" My mom doesn't like it when I'm alone with a girl."

I rolled my eyes and said"Who wouldn't, especially since your reputation is all about playing around."

He placed his hand on his chest, acting hurt.

I smiled and he stood up.

"See you later...I guess." He said before leaving

I sighed and laid back onto the bed.

I can't believe I opened up to him.