chapter 10

When Summer woke up, all she could hear was the noise from downstairs.

Why were they making so much noise.

She wondered and checked the time.

"7 in the morning." She sighed and laid back onto her bed.

Probably they're getting ready for school.

She sighed in relief remembering that she had a whole week to herself.

She yawned and closed her eyes, but before she could reach dream land her door throw opened, causing her to jump.

"You thought you could slack off for the whole week. Too sad. I convinced mom to enroll you last night so don't forget to wake early tomorrow because mom is taking you shopping today, just wanted to let you know." Alex said while smiling then closed the down

Her back dropped down onto the bed and she sighed.

It looks like she won't have peace when Alex is around.

"Look who's finally up, my previous daughter." Mr Black said while ruffling her already bird's nest hair," I'm going to work now so your mother will take you shopping for your school supplies." He said while smiling at her

All she could think about was how comfortable he was around her. Like she never left.

She felt werid.

Sure he was her father but she doesn't know him that well to call him one.

She gave him a awkward smile and looked down.

Suddenly he placed his hand on her shoulder and said," See you around Summer."

Summer stood awkwardly next to Mrs Black as she helped her buy clothes.

"What kind of style do you usually wear?" She asked me

"Uhm...long skirts with an oversized shirt Or hoodie and platform shoes but sometimes I wear baggy jeans and sweaters?" She said trying to make sense

"Oh, I'm sure we can find those around here." Mrs Black said while giving her a warm smile

After finding all the required school supplies and her clothes they headed off to a near by restaurant.

Walking inside the restaurant, Summer felt out of place.

Everyone inside looked well taken care of and rich so as the restaurant itself.

The waiter placed them next to the window seats and head of once they ordered.

"How is everything so far?" Mrs Black asked while they waited for their lunch

"Fine, I guess." She answered while looking down.

Pretty much everything was still awkward around Mr and Mrs Black.

Mrs Black gave her a warm smile but was interrupted when a group of teens walked throw the door making noise as they found themselves a table.

Summer was caught of guard when she was met with the familiar pair of
electric-blue eyes.

He was talking but more like flirting to one of the girls, who seemed to not be bother by his hand rubbing her high.

She bit her lip and thought

There's no need to be jealous, I don't even know him sure he's handsome but there's no reason for me to act up.

She sighed and looked back at Mrs Black.

"That boy always seems to be everywhere." She said and Summer stared in confusion," Summer promise me this, I know you're still warming up to us but no matter what don't go near that boy."

Even though Mrs Black didn't give Summer the name of the boy she was taking about, she could feel that she was talking about Mr electric-blue eyes.

In confusion, Summer nodded her head.