chapter 3

" Are you ready for the results?" Jaden's mom who happens to be the social worker asked me

"Ye-yes." I answered, not so sure of my answer

She read the document in her hand and I waited for her while biting my nails but not biting them off.

Suddenly she smiled and said"Looks like you aren't alone anymore."

I raised my eyebrows. Does that mean I have other relatives.

Then suddenly she gasped and she looked at me.

Why is she giving me that look?

Did she miss read it.

"You have brothers, Summer?" She asked me and I shook my head" You sure your parents never told you?"

I shook my head once again.

Maybe she took the wrong file. I knew it, I was alone after all.

My eyes watered.

She patted my back and smiled at me.

"Don't you want to meet them?" She asked, sounding worried

"Are y-you sure that's my file?" I asked and she nodded before showing me my name that was written on the file.

I have brothers.

Not one but brothers.

Thinking about them, where were they when I needed them.

Why did they show up at the funeral. Did they remove themselves from the family and decided to not be apart of it.

They probably won't want me if they left.

She looked at me and said"That's only the amazing part. It says that your parents are still alive."

I frowned my eyebrows and asked"What parents, didn't they p-pass away?"

She shook her head and said" The DNA test proved it and if there weren't, it wouldn't show here."

Suddenly realization was written all over her face. She took her phone and dialed a number. When the person from the other side answered she left the room for privacy. Leaving me in the office alone.

My parents are still alive.

Flashback

"How come you and your parents look nothing alike?" My friend Stella asked" They have blonde hair, blue/green eyes while you don't have any of that."

"My mom and dad said that it's normal sometimes for children to not look like their parents."I said while I coloured in my colouring book

"Oh,I never knew." She said while joining in, colouring with me

Flashback ended

I sighed as I remembered what my friends used to ask me.

I knew I looked nothing like them but everytime I asked my parents they would tell me that the kids are just making up things.

If they aren't my parents that means I was adopted.

Then my real family abandoned me.

Suddenly the door opened and Jaden's mom walked in.

"Get ready, we are going to the airport." She said

"Why are we going to the airport?" I asked

"Your family lives in Mami." She said

I nodded my head in response and got up, grabbing my luggage.

"When you get there your brother is going to call you." She said and I nodded

I looked around the airport, watching people minding their business

"I'm sure they will treat you like you were always there." Jaden's mom said and I hummed in response

I was worried.

What would they think of me.

If they didn't want me, they could just put me in a orphanage.

I sighed and took out my phone.

Jaden sent you a message...

My phone notification popped up and s small smile formed into my lips.

"Your flight is here." Jaden's mom said making turn my head to her

I turned off my phone and slide it in my pocket before grabbing my luggage.

"Thank you for everything."I said

I'm not good at saying goodbye.

She smiled at me and bid her goodbye.

Damnit, I really need to pee.

I couldn't stand up because the person next to me was sleeping and I was kind of afraid.

What if the plane tilted to the side while I made my way to the toilet. That would be a disaster.

The rest of the flight I spent debating if I should go but I ended up not going.