♡28♡

♡♡♡(Y/N) POV♡♡♡

    "I just gotta give this to Shota and then we'll head to Mirio's car," I say to the nine-year-old girl as we walk the empty halls of UA.
     "Okay!" Eri says with a small smile as she holds my hand.
     We walk in a nice silence as we get to the 3-A room and I knock before entering after hearing my friend's reply.
    "Hey-"

    "(Y/N) DIDN'T ABANDON ME! YAY!" Mina shouts from her seat and I give her a quirked (h/c) eyebrow before I give a small laugh.
     "Sorry, Pinks, but I'm not gonna be in school for a bit," I say and her smile falls as she sulks at her desk.
    "But...who will I talk to?"
    "Are we chopped liver?" Eijiro and Hanta ask at the same time.

    "Oh, hello there, Eri!" Midoriya says with a smile as he spots the girl behind me.
    "Hi, Deku!" Eri chirps happily as she walks over to him while I head towards Shota at the front.

    "They trying again?" He asks in a whisper and I nod.
    "They said if it doesn't work they'll probably list her as an orphan. They talked with her mother and she said she didn't want anything to do with Eri." I reply in a whisper as he reads the notice slip.
    "If the worst case scenario happens," He says as he looks towards the smiling girl talking to a few of my classmates. "Stay with her all day. I won't count it against you and I'll tell the others not to as well." Shota says and I nod as I give him a soft smile.
    "Thank you, Shota," I reply before turning. "Eri," I call to the girl who turns with a cute smile. "We're gonna be going now," I say and her smile drops to a worried look.

    "Alright." She says as she quickly hugs Midoriya before coming over to me and Shota. "Have a good day, Mr. Shota," Eri says as she hugs his legs and he pets the top of her white hair.
     "Stay safe, Eri." He says as she lets him go before she grabs my hand in hers.
     "Have a good class, everyone," I say with a smile as I walk out, giving one last look to the black-haired hero.

     Eri and I walk down the vacant halls before going to the front entrance.
     "Eri! (Y/n)!" Mirio calls as he waves while standing by his parked car.
     "Mirio!" Eri cheers happily as she runs to my brother and jumps in his arms, he spins around while she laughs excitedly.
     "H-Hi there, (Y/n)." I turn with a soft smile to my future brother-in-law.
     "Hey, Tamaki. Good morning." I say and he gives me a small nod before he returns to the driver's seat.

     "How's my favorite baby sister?" Mirio asks as he puts me in a headlock and gives me a noogie.
     "I'm perfectly FINE!" I grunt as I flip him over and he lands on the dirt with a slight wince.
     "Still got spunk."
     "You still have the audacity to try and beat me," I remark as I fix my hair before I open the car door.

     "Score five for (Y/n)...compared to Mirio's two," Eri says with a small laugh as she helps my brother before getting into the car and settling into her car seat.
     "Better be careful, Mir. Won't be long until I finally outmatch you." I warn and he smiles before getting in the front passenger as I sit behind him.
      It's a peaceful silence with playful banter as Tamaki drives us to the hospital where Eri's grandfather is being held.

     "What if it works?" Eri says suddenly and I turn to look at her.
     "Then your grandpa gets to take care of you," I say with a smile, secretly hiding my sadness at the suggestion.
     "But I barely remember anything about him?" Eri confesses as she looks down at her lap. "What if he doesn't like me? What if he finds me annoying? What if he tries to do what Chisaki did to me?" She asks as a few tears fall down her face as she sniffles.

     "Hey, hey," I say calmly as I unbuckle and move to the middle to comfort her. "Nothing bad is going to happen to you. We'll make sure of it." I say as I look at her with a stern look.
     "B-But if this works I have to leave you all because my grandpa will take me away." She says as more tears fall.