No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 37

Chapter Thirty Seven

My head pulsed with pain when I opened my eyes. “Ouch” I whimpered and squinted my eyes to see around. Within two seconds, I knew I was in the hospital. Why? “Hello?” My voice squeaked out of me.  

“Samantha,” a man nodded at me from the corner of the room, beside a sink. He was smiling warmly at me and drying his hands. I tried to sit up, “it’s okay Sam. Lay down” he smiled still. “We’ve been inducing a coma for about three days now. You’re alright. There was a car accident, you hit your head. There was quite a bit of swelling, we had to induce the coma.”

“Where is Ivan?” I asked softly, noticing a white brace around my arm.

“He’s in ICU.” The doctor nodded slowly at me, “It’s… not looking too great for him.” He added softly. I wondered what the doctor knew, if he knew I had done this. If he knew I wasn’t dating Ivan.

“What happened?” I whispered.

“Ivan was under the influence, he had been drinking. And he took you from your house, it was early morning. He was dangerously driving when he turned too sharp and flipped the car into a field. He hadn’t been buckled.”

Ivan was drinking? That means they don’t know it was me. They have no clue. “Where are my parents?” I asked.

“Your mother went into labor about three hours ago.” this is too much at once. “Your boyfriend is outside, I told him I was taking you out of the coma, he had to leave.” The doctor glanced over my arm, where there were at least three needles. I couldn’t see straight, there were doubles of everything.

“My head.” I whimpered. “Everything is blurry, and doubled” I closed my eyes tightly.

“That’s expected, your vision should clear in a few minutes.” He grabbed a chart at the end of my bed. “Any pain in your wrist?” He asked.

“No, just my head.” He nodded when I spoke, told me to hang tight, and left the room. During the split second that the door was open, I could see someone walk up to the doctor.

What would happen to me, had everyone known I was the cause of the accident? I couldn’t tell. They would be disappointed. I let Ivan take me, I crashed the car, I caused my own pain, and Ivan’s. What would have happened if I didn’t take the wheel?

The door flung open and Chase ran to my side. “Sam,” He said and grabbed my face. He kissed me a million times before the doctor cleared his throat. Chase stared at the doctor. “Yes?” He snapped.

“Chase, can you please step outside?” The doctor smiled nicely at him.

“You’ve kept me out there for three days,” he hissed at the doctor, “I’m staying in here.” He kissed my hand over and over again.

“Chase” I whispered. He brushed my hair back softly.

“Everything’s okay, Samantha.” he kissed my forehead once more.

My mother was wheel chaired into my room two days later. She smiled sadly at me, she held my hands as I asked her, “Where’s the little one?”

She shook her head slowly, “It wasn’t labor I was in, sweetie.” She kissed my hand, it was another miscarriage. I took her hand and nodded.

“I’m sorry mom.” I whispered.

“You truly are a miracle.” She said softly. “So don’t you ever let anyone take you from us again,” she snapped at me.

“I didn’t know,” I mumbled, “he told me not to talk…”