No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 26

Chapter Twenty-Six

Everyone was watching me most of the day, and I'm pretty sure they all knew why I had police standing outside of each class I was in. I could only hope. I had no power here.

I growled at one of the police men, but he just smiled at me kindly. Chase smirked a little at me, "turning into a bad girl now?" he kissed my hand softly with a smile. 

"No, I just hate police!" I whispered. 

Finally, the end of the day was here. I got into my moms car with Chase, and we drove home. 

"I don't want you to worry," Chase whispered to me while we were laying in my bed. He had his arm holding me close to him. 

"How can I not?" I mumbled. 

"Just have faith that they'll find him," he kissed my forehead softly, and let his lips stay there.

"They didn't find you after you spray painted their car," I stared at him. 

"That's different," he grumbled at me, closing his eyes. I got up and took my laptop into my hands. I went back to the new's website. Six more of the men had X's over there face. Eight down, twelve to go. Devann wasn't one of the X'ed out faces.

Chase looked at the screen and shrugged, "they're finding them fast, this will be all over soon, sweetie," he took the laptop from me, putting in on the floor. He pulled me down to lay beside him. "And a plus, he'll probably get found soon because he's dumber than a rock," he mumbled. 

"I really hope you're right," I whispered and cuddled into his chest. 

"What're you scared of?"

"I don't even know. What if he tries to hurt me again?" I said into his shirt.

"He won't," he kissed my forehead. "I won't let him, you'll be with me all the time," he kissed my lips softly.

Three weeks later, everyone had been found. Other than Devann. He was still out on the loose. And the police were still following me. But right now, I was safe at my house, sitting beside my dad watching hockey. Mom was making dinner, and Chase was helping her. 

Everyone was tense with Devann still not found. Dad wasn't jumping up in joy when the game was over, and there was no soft music coming from the kitchen. But I could hear her and Chase murmuring softly to each other. 

The news appeared, and nothing about the jail break or the one still missing. Mom called us in for dinner just as dad turned off the TV. 

I couldn't believe what this place had come to be. What my life had come to be. An emo delinquent is my boyfriend, and my ex boyfriend broke out of jail, and to add another weight to my shoulders, everyone was tense. What could I do to change this? 

All night I laid in my bed, Chase laying his head on the pillow beside me, thinking about what I had left. I had Chase left. Chase was the only thing keeping me hopeful. But soon, I'd become hopeless. I don't know how to move on without Devann being found. 

Why was this happening to me? Do bad things need to happen to people so that they can have good things? Does the good equal out the bad? Is Chase the good, Devann the bad?  I thought this through for a while before turning face to face with a sleeping Chase. His nose would twitch in his sleep, and I couldn't smile at it like I had done so many times before. Smile's are a gift, only given during special occations. I guess watching Chase sleep wasn't a special occation. 

The next day at school, I sat with Chase at the science table. He was doing the work and my head was down. The monster headache that had been raging through my mind for the past twelve hours wouldn't stop shaking my mind. 

It was then that the loudspeaker came on. "Code one, I repeat, code one!" A lady in the front desk said. Everyone jumped up. Two kids shut the windows that lead to the back of the school building. The police whom have been with me throughout these weeks were outside in the halls. The teacher locked his door and took the red folder with the emergency packets inside. 

We all sat in a corner of the room hiding from any view of the door, Chase was in front of me, and I knew it was his way of protecting me. 

There were few gun shots, and one of the girls in the class sitting beside me pressed her hands tightly to her mouth as if she was about to screech in fear. I wasn't sure to think of her as being dramatic or if she was actually terrified. Chase squeezed my leg lightly and kissed my hand. I heard yelling from the hall way, and that was the last of it. 

What would happen now? A teacher knocked on our door softly, and when no one got up to open it, he opened it himself. "Is anyone hurt?" he asked, looking through all the twenty-seven kids sitting in a small corner. 

"No," my teacher stood. 

"He's arrested, we're alright." The teacher said, "I'm checking other rooms," he said when he left.