No More Goody Two Shoes 49

Forty Nine

When four-thirty hit, Lisa and I walked out of the building.towards the first bar she wanted to stop at. I got a simple mixed drink, and just as I was finishing it, three of our co-workers walked in. "Sam, Lisa!" I heard Darren yell, with Matt and Nancy in tow. The best way to describe Darren would be the stereotypical accountant. Glasses, dorky, and a math wiz. Matt and Nancy were siblings and mostly kept to themselves.

"Hey guys!" Lisa said and smiled at everyone.

"Sam, you never come out with us!" Matt said and I just stared at him. I didn't even know going out to drink was something everyone did. I laughed lightly and sipped the last of my drink. "Let me buy you one, what're you drinking?" Matt said and set my glass on the bar.

After I finished my third drink, I was ready to go home. Or back to Chase's apartment. I reached for my cell phone, and texted him the name of the bar I was at. Darren bought my next drink and I was just shocked because I don't think anyone has bought me drinks this often. Lisa and Nancy were chatting while Darren and I played pool with Matt watching. I checked my phone again and didn't have any messages from Chase.

I leaned over the pool table and hit the cue, missing my last stripe. "Damn," Matt and I said at the same time. Suddenly, someone threw their arm over my shoulder. I was horrified it was Matt until I looked up and saw Chase's smiling face.

"Hey" I smiled and leaned my head against him.

"You are trashed, huh?" His smile faded a bit. I just nodded and kept my huge grin.

"Your turn," Darren nodded at me. I leaned back over the table and Chase pulled the back of my skirt down. Whoops. I saw Darren and Matt look away from us as I hit the cue and sunk my last stripe. "Lets see the 8," Darren said. I shot and missed entirely. I giggled and leaned against Chase who was now supporting all of my weight. I saw Lisa and Nancy walking over. Lisa was wiggling her eyebrows up and down behind Chase's back.

"Sam, who's this?" Nancy smiled up at Chase.

"Chase," I stared at her with no expression. I didn't like the way she was flirting with her eyes. But Chase just gave her a smile and had his attention on me.

"Sam's boyfriend," he added and kissed my hair. Darren just stared at us; I realized it was my turn again. I leaned down, and yet again, Chase pulled the back of my skirt down. Was it really that short? I wanted to roll my eyes at him. I sunk the 8 with no problem and won. I smiled huge at Darren.

"So what, do you owe me another drink?" I muttered and hiccuped a little.

"I think it's time to head out, actually," Chase said to the group. I pouted at him but figured the sooner I'm out of here, the sooner I can get to bed and actually be alive tomorrow for work. I said my goodbyes with Chase following suit. He led me to his car and buckled me in.

"I can do that, ya know?" I mumbled and raised my eyebrows at him. He smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm well aware of your capabilities to be an independent women. But you're wasted and I like taking care of you." He had his hand on my thigh for the rest of the drive. I dozed off, waking up to him opening my door for me. "Would you like a bath?"

"No, I'm too tired," I mumbled and walked right to his bedroom. I pulled my shirt off, before I knew it he was right behind me, kissing my neck and rubbing my shoulders. "No, I'm too tired," I mumbled again.

"Mhm," he hummed, unzipping the side of my skirt.

"No, I'm too tired." I mumbled again and collapsed onto the bed face down. I reached around and attempted to remove my bra. With no luck, Chase unclipped it and covered me in the blanket.