No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 16

Chapter Sixteen

I stood in an empty bed room, looking at the walls. The purple walls. It was almost as if a part of me ran away. I know, cliche, but it did feel like that. Like I wasn't going to breathe any longer, like one lung had been torn to shreds.

On the other side of the hall, my door was opened. An open invitation to go in there, and never come out. Get swallowed by the walls, the floor, the ceiling. They were all willing to crash down on me, burying me forever.

It felt as if I lived alone. Sure, my parents still were here, but they were up stairs. I was down here, alone. Just like I was before I had met him. He changed my life. Whether it's for better or for worse, I still haven't found out.

I fell asleep alone. I woke up alone. I went to school alone.

Yes, I did see him at school. But it was like one of those collapsing walls had fallen between us. Either way, I felt like I wasn't even on Earth anymore.

I was new to this planet. I was a blonde haired popular bitch, who no one could tell what to do. I was invincible. I wasn't Goody Two Shoes anymore.

Chase came to school for two blocks only. His aunt had him doing some online schooling. She was the biggest bitch ever. I guess we weren't anything anymore. Just two teenagers who saw each other every morning until noon. That was all.

I stood in an empty bed room, looking at the walls. The purple walls.

I heard the door bell ring, hoping it was Chase, coming to tell me he had run away forever, and that he was coming back.

But it wasn't. "Hi?" I said, staring up at my ex-asshole, Devann.

"Who the fuck are you now?"

"I'm Sam," I glared at him.

"No, you're some emo bitch. I want my Sam back." He said.

"I am Sam!" I yelled.

"No you're not! I want my old fucking friend back!"

"Fuck you! Get the fuck out of here," I said. He pushed me backwards, and I fell to the ground. He fell down on top of me, and forced me to kiss him.

After all my screaming and punching him, he punched me back. Right in the face. He left the house, not even bothering to close the front door behind him. I could see him run out of the house, into the snow. I saw the blood spilling out of me, and it dripped black. Everything was black for a long time.

I was shaken awake, my mother was crying, and my father was trying to clean up my face. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could hear and feel the humming of the vibrations. The words weren't there, but the sound was. 

A new vibration pattern came in, and I shook more. Chase stood there, staring down at me. He was wearing a black button up, with a black tie. He wasn't wearing dress pants though, just his normal black, tight jeans. My stomach felt hallow. It was almost like finding something you've been looking for your whole life, and the happiness overwhelms you. Too bad we had to meet again in this situation.

When I woke up from a doctor saying my name repeatedly, I could only see Chase standing beside me.

The doctor asked me a bunch of questions, and I answered them. When he left, Chase pushed my hair out of my eyes.

"I miss you," he said softly. He put his arm over my stomach as if to hug me, and I could easily see all the new cuts he had. He was so unsure what he should do, but he kept his arm there, watching me. I shook still. "Why won't you talk to me?" he asked.

"I am," I whispered.

"We're gonna be talking a lot more," he said quietly. "My aunt died two days ago," he mumbled. "I was coming back with your mom to surprise you when we found you," he put his head down on the railing.

"I'm sorry," I started to cry.

"For what?" he whispered.

"Being a bitch," I breathed in, "and for not talking to you. And for not being there. And for --"

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone," he whispered, flipping over my hand to reveal my new scratches and marks. My mom came in with my father. My mother hugged me and then my father pet my hair. Chase stepped back, and I just couldn't bring myself to tell him I wanted him to be close to me.

I was out of the hospital a few hours later. Chase had his stuff in his room once again. I was told to get a lot of sleep, and to take pain killers. And I did. I woke up, sweating. Chase was laying beside me, sleeping also. His black hair fell over his face, and his lip rings hung lazily with his mouth parted a little.

Chase wasn't touching me whatsoever. And all I wanted, all I needed, at this moment was for him to be here for me. For him to hug me, and cuddle me against him.

He pushed his hair out of his blue eyes, and looked at me. "Hi," he said. I put my hand over my mouth to stop my sobs from being too loud. Chase hugged me tight against him, half asleep.